- Develop, support, and deliver curricula, programs, and services designed to prepare our students for professional and personal success.
- Attract, develop, and retain a diverse student population and promote its success.
- Attract, develop, and retain highly qualified, diverse faculty and staff who are committed to our mission.
- Ensure facilities and operations support our College’s current needs and anticipated growth.
- Proactively position our College to communicate its value and benefits and build this identity and image among our many constituencies.
- We continually strive to innovate – finding new and more effective ways to educate and serve students
- We sustain rigor in our work – holding high standards and expectations for both our students and for ourselves
- We approach our work with compassion – acknowledging the whole person, working with integrity and caring, accepting people where they are and moving them forward without sacrificing standards or expectations; bringing joy, honesty, and understanding to our work.
- We will become known nationally as an institution that “makes a difference”
By adopting a need based approach, synthesis of academics and ethics, innovation in learning methods and a diversified curriculum, the College aims at providing a learning environment that integrates body, mind and spirit.
The College is committed to the highest ideals of collegiate education. It aims at the development of each student and focuses on a comprehensive and balanced education. The college strives to inculcate ethical and moral values in the students and encourages them to become integrated and wholesome individuals capable of handling their careers and lives effectively.
- To promote an integral and holistic growth of young minds.
- To achieve academic excellence by making the teaching learning process more meaningful.
- To strengthen faith formation and reinforce ethical values with simplicity, honesty, hard work and commitment.
- To impart spiritual and academic training which would foster sound character building.
- To develop critical thinking skills.
- To instill in students a lifelong sense of participating and involvement in developmental endeavors.
- To help students emerge as competent individuals capable of handling their careers and homes effectively.
- To empower students with social skills to bring about personality development.
- To train students for employment and entrepreneurship.
Strategic Plan of the College
Founded on the 14th of August 1956 as a college dedicated to the rehabilitation of refugees, Sarojini Naidu College for Women is one of the premier institutions for women’s education in the northern suburbs of Calcutta. Apart from Honours and General courses in Arts, Commerce, Science and Management streams, the college also currently provides Post Graduate courses in three subjects.
Our vision is to stand out as a pioneering institute for women in West Bengal by emphasizing on teaching-learning, training, research and other academic and co-curricular activities through innovation, diversity and flexibility. We will strive towards empowerment of all sections of women through value-based education.
For the next five years the mission of the college is to further upgrade the infrastructure of the college as well as invigorate the existing skill/value added courses, basic arts and sciences and introduce additional, more innovative, inter-disciplinary programs/courses including PG courses.
Since its inception in 1956, Sarojini Naidu College for Women has grown in leaps and bounds in all aspects of education. “Students” are the primary focus of the Institution. Hence, to meet the changing demands of students, the Management has adopted a “student-centric approach”. The Management has taken the following efforts to improve facilities which would bring all round development of students and ensure their success:
- Student intake in a few programs has been increased.
- Staff intake has also increased as per requirement.
- Infrastructure, in terms of classrooms has been enhanced. Laboratory infrastructure has been upgraded with respect to number of computers and software packages.
- All college buildings and college hostel are wi-fi enabled.
- Website has been updated.
- Library resources, both physical and online, have been steadily growing. Reading room facilities have also been added.
- Examination system is transparent.
- Various Certificate courses are offered to the students. Students can choose courses as per their area of interest.
- In order to make them employable, various skill enhancement and career guidance activities are organized.
- In the area of Sports, the students are offered all possible support to participate in various games at District, State and National levels.
- The College organizes activities which offer ample scope to inculcate the sense of social responsibility among students.
Policy for Differently Abled Persons
- Provide a friendly and caring atmosphere for differently abled students as well as staff.
- Provide equal opportunities for learning for differently abled students.
- Building up of ramps in all buildings including the library building.
- Provide wheel chair for easy movement of differently abled students within the college campus.
- Provide proper guidance and counselling and extra classes for differently abled students.
- Provide fees concession, extra time in examination and reservation of seats for differently abled students.
- Provide student volunteers as scribes for visibly impaired persons.
- Provide career guidance to differently abled students, so that they can be successfully employed in Government and private sectors.
- Create awareness among students about the needs of differently abled persons.
- To observe important days related to disability within the institution and outside.