Sarojini Naidu College for Women

Affiliated to West Bengal State University

Govt Sponsored, Estd. 1956, UGC

NAAC Re-accredited with Grade "A" (3rd Cycle)

Logo Logo
WBNSOU Study Center

WBNSOU Study Center


Establishment / Introduced on – 2003 July.
Address – 30, Jessore Road, Dum Dum, Kolkata – 700028
Contact No. – 033 25298439
Office Room – N2

Principal – Dr. Urmila Ukil
Co-ordinator – Dr. Sunanda Chatterjee
Academic Co-ordinator – Dr. Saswati Ghosh Banik – PGGR 
Office Assistant – Sri. Naba Kumar Mukhopadhyay
Office Peon – Sri. Susanta Mondal
Durwan – Sri. Sanjit Mondal

Course affiliated for Study Centre

  1. Bachelors degree programme – 
    1. Honours Course in Bengali – EBG
    2. Honours Course in History – EHI
    3. Honours Course in Geography – EGR
  2. Post Graduation degree – 
    1. Bengali
    2. English
    3. History
    4. Political Science
    5. Public Administration
    6. Social Work
    7. Mathematics
    8. Geography 
    9. Education
    10. Commerce
    11. Library Science and Information (Post Graduate Degree)
  3. Post Graduate Diploma Course – (One Year)
    1. Journalism and Mass Communication
    2. English Language Teaching
  4. One Year Diploma Course in Pre-primary Teachers’ Education Montessori
  5. Bachelor’s degree in Library Science and Information
  6. Diploma course in Public relations and advertising

Appointment and approval of Staff and Counsellors of Study Centre E-06

  1. The Co-ordinators in appointed by Principal with GB approval of the college and the name and Biodata of the Co-ordinator is sent by the Principal with GB resolution to University (Netaji Subhas Open University).
  2. The office Assistant, Durwan, Peon is appointed by Principal and intimated to University.
  3. Counsellors for Graduation course is appointed by Principal on the basis of Biodata and application form (forwarded by co-ordinator) and intimated to University.
  4. Existing Counsellors –

    1. Dr. Santwana Chakraborty – BDP Bengali
    2. Dr. Kanika Saha – BDP Bengali
    3. Dr. Srabani Bandopadhyay – BDP Bengali
    4. Dr. Gouri Sanfui – BDP Bengali
    5. Dr. Nibedita Pal – BDP History
    6. Dr. Sukanya Sarkar – BDP History
    7. Dr. Sutapa Bhatta – BDP History
    8. Dr. Azizul Biswas – BDP History
    9. Prof. Soma Mukherjee – BDP English
    10. Prof. Ketaki Basu – BDP Geography
  5. Academic Counsellor of PG Geography is appointed by Principal with GB resolution and the name, biodata of the some is dent by Principal to University.
  6. Counsellors for PG Course are selected and appointed directly by University.
  7. Finance management of study centre – 

    1. Maintenance grant for Study Centre is sent by University is every financial year.
    2. Each expenditure is done jointly by Principal and Co-ordinator of Study Centre.
    3. Utilization of grant and audit report are sent by Study Centre to University.


  1. The Process of On-Line admission is maintained i.e. the admission fees are directly deposited in university account.
  2. Admission is Pre-primary teachers training education is conducted by Study Centre. 40% of course fees and university fees (total) is sent by study centre to university by Bank draft. The remaining 60% of course fees is utilized for maintenance of the course of DPTEM.