Qualification: Ph.D Anthropology
Current Position: Contractual Lecturer (College appointed)
Teaching Experience: Six years as part-time lecturer at Vivekananda College for Women Behala, Kolkata and 2 years as contractual lecturer at Sarojini Naidu college for Women
Post Doctoral Experience: N A
Any other Academic Experience: Senior Research Fellow at Anthropological Survey of India and DSA project fellow at (UGC) at University of Calcutta
Teaching topics: a) UG level- Cell biology, Human Genetics, Evolution, Concept of Group, Tribe Society, Village, Research methods, Concept of Culture, Human Fossil evidences, Concept of Prehistoric culture, Life ways and developmental aspects of Indian Tribes, Palaeo environment, Concept of Proto-historic cultures, Concept of administrative functions of Panchayat and Municipals.
Research Interests: Ethno-archaeological Study and Women and Child Development.
Professional Membership: NA
- Study of some metal ornaments found from a chalcolithic site in Keonjhar district, Orissa, World Archaeological Congress – 3, 1994, New Delhi
- National Seminar on Position of Women, Aged and Weaker Section in Contemporary India, 2001, Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
- International Seminar on Indigenous People of Eastern India and Bangladesh: Emerging Problems, 2001, Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
- International Conference on Urgent Research in Anthropology in South-East Asia with Special Reference to India, 2002, Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata
- National Seminar on Anthropology of Nirmal Kumar Bose – A Centennial Tribute, 2002, Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata
- An account of the chalcolithic cultural remains found from a site near Keonjhar district, Orissa, 1995, National Seminar on Man-Environment Interrelationship, Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
- A fishy affair in lower West Bengal, Seminar on Disadvantaged People and Human Rights, sponsored by UGC, 2003, New Delhi
- Inter-disciplinary training programme on Unobtrusive Research Methods in Social Sciences and Humanities, 2004, Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata
- Status of women in India Seminar organised by Forum for Collective Forms of Cooperation, 2007 New Delhi.
Books Published: NA.
- An account of the chalcolithic cultural remains found from a site near Kanjipani, Orissa, Volume on early cultures of Orissa, 2000, (Ed.) P. Mohanty and K. K. Basa, pp. 356-367.
- A study of paleolithic tools collected from the lower gravel at Pallahara, Orissa, Journal of the Department of Anthropology, 2001,Volume – 3:, University of Calcutta.
- A study among some ‘Meendharas’ of Sunderbans, West Bengal, Anthropology: Trends and Applications, 2002, Delhi, India, (Ed.) Bhasin and Malik, pp. 83-89.
- Marginalisation, a social reality among some Bengalee Christians, 2003, Journal of the Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata, pp. 201-210.
- Socio-economic profile of Meendharas of Sunderbans, West Bengal, Rediscovering the Familiar : An Anthropological Approach, 2004, University of Calcutta, (Ed.) Ranjana Ray, pp. 13-22.
- Environmental Adaptation by the Meendharas, The Dying Earth, ACB Publications & Netaji Institute of Asian Studies, 2004, (Ed.) Desai and Raha, pp. 248-253.
- Meendharas of the Sunderbans: Utilization of Marine Resources, Adapting to Changing Environment : Studies in Anthroplogy. (Ed.) Ranjana Ray, Calcutta University Press, Calcutta. 2005 (in press).
- Economy and Persistence of Rituals: Observation in two Economic Settings, The Journal of Indian Anthropological Society, 2005
- Meendhara: An Uprising Profession of the Sunderbans: The Oriental Anthropologist, Volume 6 Number 1 2006
- CHILDREN AND CHILDHOOD: A STUDY AMONG THE MEENDHARAS (Prawn seed Collectors) OF SUNDERBANS, WEST BENGAL, INDIA. CHILDHOOD REMIXED JOURNAL Published by Childhood Remixed, University Campus Suffolk, February 2014.
Any other relevant Information: Worked with NGOs for research and development of women and child.