Qualification: M.Sc. Ph.D.
Teaching Experience: 1 Month
Teaching Module/ Topic:
|Course||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Honours||Evolutionary Biology||Genetics, Cell &
Research Area: Gastric ulcer and free radical biology , Malaria
Research Experience: CSIR-JRF- 2012-2014 CSIR-SRF-2014-2016
- Selective scavenging of intra-mitochondrial superoxide corrects diclofenac-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and gastric injury: A novel gastroprotective mechanism independent of gastric acid suppression. Somnath Mazumder, Rudranil De, Souvik Sarkar, Asim Azhar Siddiqui, Shubhra Jyoti Saha, Chinmoy Banerjee, Mohd. Shameel Iqbal, Shiladitya Nag, Subhashis Debsharma, Uday Bandyopadhyay (2016) Biochemical Pharmacology, 121:33-51. PMID: 27693316
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug induces proinflammatory damage in gastric mucosa through NF-κB activation and neutrophil infiltration: the Antiinflammatory role of heme oxygenase-1 against non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Samik Bindu, Somnath Mazumder, Sumanta Dey, Chinmay Pal, Manish Goyal, Athar Alam, Mohd. Shameel Iqbal, Souvik Sarkar, Asim Azhar Siddiqui, Chinmoy Banerjee and Uday Bandyopadhyay (2013) Free Radical Biology & Medicine, 65:456-467. PMID:23892052.
- Association of heme oxygenase 1 with the restoration of liver function after damage in murine malaria by Plasmodium yoelii. Sumanta Dey*, Somnath Mazumder*, Asim Azhar Siddiqui, M. Shameel Iqbal, Chinmoy Banerjee, Souvik Sarkar, Rudranil De, Manish Goyal, Samik Bindu and Uday Bandyopadhyay (2014) Infection and Immunity, 82(8):3113. PMID: 24818663 euqal contribution.
- Management of Inflammation by Natural Polyphenols: A Comprehensive Mechanistic Update. Souvik Sarkar, Somnath Mazumder, Shubhra J. Saha, Uday Bandyopadhyay. (2016) Current Medicinal Chemistry, 23(16):1657-95. PMID: 27087243
- Antimalarial Activity of Small-Molecule Benzothiazole Hydrazones. Souvik Sarkar, Asim A. Siddiqui,
Shubhra J. Saha, Rudranil De, Somnath Mazumder, Chinmoy Banerjee, Mohd S. Iqbal, Shiladitya Nag, Susanta Adhikari and Uday Bandyopadhyay. (2016) Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 60(7):4217-28. PMID: 27139466
- Ellagic acid, a dietary polyphenol, inhibits tautomerase activity of human macrophage migration inhibitory factor and its pro-inflammatory responses in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Souvik Sarkar, Asim Azhar Siddiqui, Somnath Mazumdar, Rudranil De, Shubhra Jyoti Saha, Chinmoy Banerjee, Mohd. Shameel Iqbal, Susanta Adhikari, Athar Alam, Siddhartha Roy and Uday Bandyopadhyay (2015) Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, 63 (20), pp 4988–4998. PMID: 25929447
- Expression, purification and characterization of Plasmodium falciparum vacuolar protein sorting 29. Shameel Iqbal, Asim Azhar Siddiqui, Athar Alam, Manish Goyal, Chinmoy Banerjee, Souvik Sarkar, Somnath Mazumder, Rudranil De, Shiladitya Nag, Shubhra Jyoti Saha and Uday Bandyopadhyay (2016) Protein Expression and Purification, 120:7-15. PMID: 26690372
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of primaquine–chloroquine twin drug: a novel heme-interacting molecule prevents free heme and hydroxyl radical-mediated protein degradation. Chinmay Pal, Souvik Sarkar, Somnath Mazumder, Susanta Adhikari, Uday Bandyopadhyay (2013) Medicinal Chemistry Communications 4 (4), 731–736.