Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
Qualified CSIR-UGC NET JRF, June 2009, Ranked 106.
Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) from NALASAR University, Hyderabad, India, 2018.
Professional Qualification- Licensed Indian Patent Agent, IN/PA 3935
Teaching Experience: 2.5 years
As Guest Lecturer at Dept. of Zoology, Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College from 2017 to 2019
As Guest lecturer at Dept. of Zoology, Scottish Church College from 2018 to 2019
As Assistant Professor at Dept. of Zoology, Sarojini Naidu College for Women from 2019 till date
Institutional email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Module: 2019-20
|Course||SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2||SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4||SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Non Chordate Biology||Physiology, Immunology|
|General||Physiology and Biochemistry|
Current research interest is in molecular and cellular biology, particularly cardiovascular biology and metabolic syndrome. In addition, conversant in planning and developing study design with multiple variables in consideration. Analysis of proteomic datasets to identify proteins and networks of relevance in the study as well as for downstream mechanistic experiments. Identifying unique patterns manifested in data sets and correlating with cellular function and pathology development.
Well versed in the following molecular and cell biology techniques-
iTRAQ labelling of tissue samples, proteomic data analysis; primary cell culture techniques (particularly cardiomyocytes and fibroblasts); Agarose and Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS, Native and Blue Native); Western blot; RT-PCR and qPCR (mRNA and mt-tRNA); Histological tissue preparation, sectioning and staining; Fluorescence and confocal microscopy; Echocardiography of small animals (mouse, rat).
- Datta K, Basak T, Varshney S, Sengupta S, Sarkar S. Quantitative proteomic changes during post myocardial infarction remodeling reveals altered cardiac metabolism and Desmin aggregation in the infarct region. Journal of proteomics. 2017 Jan 30; 152:283-99.
- Datta K, Sarkar S. Proteomics as a tool to decipher novel mechanistic candidates in cardiac pathophysiology. Journal of bioinformatics and proteomics review. 2015; 1(3):1-5.
- Datta R, Bansal T, Rana S, Datta K, Chaudhuri RD, Chawla-Sarkar M, Sarkar S. Myocyte-derived Hsp90 modulates collagen upregulation via biphasic activation of STAT-3 in fibroblasts during cardiac hypertrophy. Molecular and cellular biology. 2017 Mar15; 37(6): e00611-16.
- Datta R, Bansal T, Rana S, Datta K, Chattopadhyay S, Chawla-Sarkar M, Sarkar S. Hsp90/Cdc37 assembly modulates TGFβ receptor-II to act as a profibrotic regulator of TGFβ signaling during cardiac hypertrophy. Cellular signalling. 2015 Dec 31; 27(12):2410-24.
- Mitra A, Basak T, Ahmad S, Datta K, Datta R, Sengupta S, Sarkar S. Comparative proteome profiling during cardiac hypertrophy and myocardial infarction reveals altered glucose oxidation by differential activation of pyruvate dehydrogenase E1 component subunit β. Journal of molecular biology. 2015 Jun 5; 427(11):2104-20.
- Rana S, Datta K, Reddy TL, Chatterjee E, Sen P, Pal-Bhadra M, Bhadra U, Pramanik A, Pramanik P, Chawla-Sarkar M, Sarkar S. A spatio-temporal cardiomyocyte targeted vector system for efficient delivery of therapeutic payloads to regress cardiac hypertrophy abating bystander effect. Journal of Controlled Release. 2015 Feb 28; 200:167-78.
- Naskar S, Datta K, Mitra A, Pathak K, Datta R, Bansal T, Sarkar S. Differential and conditional activation of PKC-isoforms dictates cardiac adaptation during physiological to pathological hypertrophy. PloS one. 2014 Aug 12; 9(8):e104711.
- Mitra A, Basak T, Datta K, Naskar S, Sengupta S, Sarkar S. Role of α-crystallin B as a regulatory switch in modulating cardiomyocyte apoptosis by mitochondria or endoplasmic reticulum during cardiac hypertrophy and myocardial infarction. Cell death & disease. 2013 Apr; 4(4):e582.
Manju Biswas Award for excellence in oral presentation in cytogenetics during M.Sc. tenure in 2009.
Young Scientist Award for Best Oral Presentation At ‘INTZOOCON’, 2018 for Centenary celebration of the Department of Zoology, University of Calcutta
Other Honours and Awards
Binoy Krishna Sarkar Memorial Prize, Suparna Mitra Memorial Prize, Bilas Krishna Banerjee Memorial Prize and A.K. Bhowmick Memorial Medal for securing highest marks in Zoology during B.Sc. in 2007.