Designation: State Aided College Teacher (Formerly Guest Teacher)
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
Institutional email: email@example.com
As a contractual full time teacher in the department of Zoology from 1st February 2011 to 31st December 2019 in Sarojini Naidu College for Women
As a SACT teacher in the department of Zoology from 1st January 2020 to till date in Sarojini Naidu College for Women.
|Honours|| CC1T:Life cycle and pathogenicity of Ascaris lumbricoides
CC1P:study of adult Ascaris and its life stages
| CC3T:Unit 3 Arthropoda
Unit 6 Echinodermata
CC3P: identification of Arthropoda and Echinodermata
|CC5T: Unit 6
CC5P: Identification of Amphibia
CC7T: Unit 2 Carbohydrates
|CC9T:Unit 3 Physiology of circulation
CC9P: Estimation of hemoglobin count
Recording of Blood pressure
|CC11T: unit 1 nucleic acids
Unit 8: Molecular lab techniques
Unit5; Parasitic Arthropoda
Parasitology (P)Identification and study of various arthropod parasites
|General|| Animal diversity(T)
Unit 6 To Unit 9
|Physiology and biochemistry
Unit 8 Lipid
|Insect, vector Dseases
Unit 6 Siphunculata
Unit 6,7 and 9
Immunology practicals : preparation of stained blood film
ABO blood grp determination
Parasitology, Biochemistry and Haematology
Research Assistant: Worked as a research assistant in V.A Medical Health Care System Boston, MA (USA)
Title: Studies on distribution and molecular interaction of orexin receptor in rat urinary bladder .
Research Fellow: J.B. Roy Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata.
Thesis Title : “HYPOGLYCEMIC, HYPOLIPIDAEMIC AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY OF Gymnema sylvestre, AN INDIAN MEDICINAL PLANT IN DIABETES MELLITUS.
1. Maity CR, Maity SC , Pradhan B, Banerjee S, Koley Nivedita , Banerjee and Ghosal SK. Scanning electron microscopy of the intestine of normal and lasix treated rat : a preliminary report, Bull RGKMC Vol 5 , No.1 March 2000
2. Peter .M. Jones, C.R.Maity, S.k.chatterjee, Nivedita Koley, H Asare Anane, T.Biswas, K.Roy, S.J.Persaud, Arun.K.Chatterji London,United Kingdom, Calcutta, India,Neenah, WI Gymnema sylvestreExtracts stimulate Insulin Secretion In Vitro and In Vivo:A potential Phytopharmacological Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes.A Journal of theAmerican Diabetes Association. Abstract Book 67th Scientific Sessions Friday,June 22-June26,2007.
3. A.Al Romaiyan, B.Liu, H.Asare-Anane ,C.R Maity, S.K. Chatterjee, Nivedita Koley,T.Biswas , A.K. Chatterjee, G.C Huang, SA Amiel, S.J persuad and PM jones , A novel Gymnema sylvestre extract stimulates insulin secretion from human islets in vivo and in vitro. Published online in Wiley Interscience:10,1002/ptr.3125 Phytother Res.(2010)
Abstracts presented national and international conferences:
- Nivedita Koley, Utpalendu Jana, Brajo Dulal Chatterjee, Tuhin Kanti Biswas. Anti-hyperglycaemic effect of Gymnema sylvestree in streptozotocin induced two animal model
- Nivedita Koley, SK Chatterjee, CR Maity, Utpalendu Jana, Brajo Dulal Chatterjee, Tuhin Kanti Biswas. A clinical studies with the Gymnema sylvestree on Type 2 Diabetes obese patient: special emphasis on weight loss.
- Peter. M. Jones, C.R.Maity, S.K.chatterjee,Nivedita Koley, H Asare-Anane, T.K. Biswas, K.Roy, S.J.Persaud, Arun.K.Chatterji. Gymnema sylvestre Extracts stimulate Insulin Secretion In Vitro and In Vivo: A potential Phytopharmacological Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes. A Journal of the American Diabetes Association. Abstract Book 67th Scientific Sessions Friday, June 22-June 26, 2007. 1 paper presented in conference
Certificate course Attended:
- Completed certificate course on “ Preparing Animal Protocol for Research on Rat ”at VA Health Care System, Boston, MA(USA)
- Attended an Animal Research Facility Training conducted by Boston health care Research Service .