Dr. Manisha Pal has joined as Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics on November, 2005.
Before joining she was Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics, Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata from August, 2001 to 21st November, 2005.
She had completed M.Sc from University of Calcutta in the year 1991.
She joined as Junior Research Fellow in Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science and was awarded Ph.D. from Jadavpur University in the year 1998.
She was Visiting Research Scientist in the Department of Chemistry, Tokai University, Japan from April, 1999 to August, 2000.
Qualification: M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D.
Teaching Experience: (21+ years)
- Heritage Institute of Technology: Lecturer for the period August, 2001 to 21st Nov., 2005
- Sarojini Naidu College for Women 22nd Nov., 2005 to till date
Teaching Modules/Topics in 2022-23:
|Honours||1st||Mathematical Physics-I||Mathematical Physics-I, Mechanics|
|2nd||Waves and Oscillations, Magnetostatics and Magnetic properties of matter||Waves and Optics|
|4th||Analog Electronics||Analog Electronics|
|5th||Solid State Physics||Solid State Physics|
|6th||Electronics Communications||Electronics Communications|
- Preparation and Characterization (Structure, electrical and optical properties) of amorphous oxide glass, glass-ceramics and thin films.
- Served as paper setter/moderator/examiner in UG level in WBSU
- Co-ordinator in Student Scholarship Committee,
- Members in Provident Fund Committee,
- Student Health Committee,
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Service Book Committee
- Photophysical study of the interaction between ZnO nanoparticles and globular protein bovine screen albumin in solution and layer by self assembled film, J. Physics and Chemistry of solids, (2018)
- Influence of doping on crystal growth, structure and properties of nanocrystalline CaTiO3: a case study small angle neutron scattering: Oindrila Mondal, Manisha Pal, J. Appl. Cryst. 48(2015) 836
- DC conductivity of Fe2O3-TeO2amorphous films prepared by vapour deposition method, Manisha Pal, Beats of Natural Science, 1(2014) (ISSN No.-2348-7615)
- Structural characterization of borate glasses containing zinc and manganese oxide, Manisha Pal. Baishakhi Roy and Mrinal pal; J. Modern Phys., 2(2011)1062
- Effect of iron substitution on structure and optical properties of Nano-crystalline CaTiO3, A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Mondal, Pal, U. Pal and M. Pal; J. Nano Research 3 (2008) 123
- Borate based spintronic materials in bulk form above room temperature, Manisha Pal and M. Pal, J. Sur. Sci. Tech. 21(2005)91
- Nano-crystalline Mn doped ZnO by chemical route, Manisha Paland M. Pal, Japn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 6901
- Transport and dielectric properties of V2O5-MnO-TeO2glasses, Manisha Pal, K. Sega, B. K. Chaudhuri and H. Sakata; Phil Mag 83(11) (2003) 1379
- Electrical and optical properties of as deposited V2O5-TeO2amorphous films and its annealing effect, Manisha Pal, K. Hirota and H. Sakata, physica status solidi (a) 196(2) (2003) 396
- AC conductivity of BaTiO3containing (90V2O5-10P2O5) oxide glasses dispersed with nanocrystalline particles, D. K. Modak, U. K. Mondal, Sadhukhan and B. K. Chaudhuri, J. Mat. Sci., 36 (2001) 2539
- Structural and electrical properties of amorphous MoO3-TeO2films, Manisha Pal, Y. Tsujigami, K.Hirota and H. Sakata, J. Phys.D, Appl. Phys., 34 (2001)459
- Electrical and Optical properties of MoO3-TeO2amorphous films prepared by PVD method, Manisha Pal, Y. Tsujigami, A. Yoshikado and H. Sakata, physica status solidi (a), 182 (2000)727
- Temperature dependence of elastic and dielectric properties of (1-x)Bi2O3XCuO oxide glassesJ. Phillip, N. Ridrigues, Sadhukhan, A. K. Bera and B. K. Chaudhuri, J. Mat. Sci, 35 (2000) 229
- Study of microstructural behavior and non-adiabatic small polaron hopping conduction in BaTiO3doped lead vanadate glass and glass ceramics dispersed with ferroelectric nano crystals, Sadhukhan, D. K. Modak and B. K. Chaudhuri; J. Appl. Phys., 85 (1999) 3477
- Non-linear physical properties of some non-conventional semiconducting Bi-Pd-Ba-o glasses, D. K. Modak, G. Banerjee, M. Karar, Sadhukhan, A. K. Bare and B. K. Chaudhuri, J.Mat. Res. 13 (1998) 2328
- AC transport mechanism and high dielectric constant of BatiO3doped phosphate glasses, Sadhukhan, and B.K.Chaudhuri, the 9th International Meeting on ferroelectricity (August 1997) Seoul, South Korea
- Frequency dependent electrical conductivity and dielectric relaxation behavior in amorphous 90V2O5-10Bi2O3oxide semiconductors doped with SrTiO3, S. Chakraborty, Sadhukhan, B. K. Chaudhuri, H. Mori, H. Sakata, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 50(3) (1997) 219
- Anomalous specific heat and other properties of amorphous Ba1-xLixBiO3-doxides around semiconductor-metal-semiconductor like transition, Banerjee, M. Sadhukhan, A. K. Bera, M. Karar and B. K. Chaudhuri, J. Mat. Sci. Lett, 15 (1996) 2008
- Electrical Properties of semiconducting (1-x)(90V2O5-10P2O5) +x BaTiO3glass and glass ceramics, M. Sadhukhan, D. K. Modak and B. K. Chaudhuri, J. Chem Phys., 105 (1996)11326
- Non-adiabatic small polaron hopping conduction in SrTiO3doped 90V2O5-10Bi2O3 glassy semiconductors, M. Sadhukhan, S. Chakraborty, D. K. Modak and B. K. Chaudhuri, Phil. Mag. B, 74 (1996) 139
- Non-adiabatic polaron hopping conduction in semiconducting V2O5– Bi2O3oxide glasses doped with BaTiO3, Chakraborty, M. Sadhukhan, D. K. Modak and B.K.Chaudhuri; J. Mat. Sci., 30 (1995) 5139
- Online Faculty Development Programme on Research Methodology and Budgeting held on 13th -17th , September, 2021 organized by Department of Freshman Engineering, Geethanjali College of Engineering and Technology, Telangana.
- Seven days summer school on recent advancement in Physics and Biophysics held on 12th to 19th July, 2021, organized by department of Physics, Jhargram Raj College.
- Online Short Term Course on Computational Methods in Physics using Python: CoMp-Py 2021 held on 15th may to 11th july, 2021 , organized by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
- Refresher Course: “Environmental Hazards and Disaster management” on 18th Feb, 2017 -10th march,2017; organized by Departmental of Environmental Science Department of Geology & The UGC Human Resource Development Centre, University of calcutta.
- Short Term Course: Soft Skills development & stress management; Sarojini Naidu College for Women and Centre for counseling services & studies in Development, JU; 04.02.15-10.02.15
- Refresher Course: “Recent Development of Nanoscience and Technology”; ASC-JU, 10.9.13-30.9.13
- Refresher Course: “Modern Aspects of Physics”; ASC-CU, 09.07.12-28.07.12
- Orientation Programme; ASC-JU, July, 2009.
- One day State Level Workshop on “Guidelines on CAS API during pandemic” held on 24th July, 2021, organized by the Teachers’ Council &IQAC, Sarojini Naidu College for Women.
- International E-Conference on Advances in Chemical Research 2021 on 19th -20th April, 2021, organised by Department of Chemistry, GITAM, Visakhapatnam.
- One Day State Level Webinar “Electrical signals, Electronics and Instrumentation” on 27th July, 2020, organised by Department of Physics, Bhairab Ganguly College.
- Webinar on “Scope of Virtual Labs in UG Physics and Chemistry teaching” on 29th and 30th June, 2020; organized by Department of Physics and Chemistry and IQAC, SNCW.
- National level Webinar on “ Virtual Learning: Layers and Players” held on 25th June, 2020; organized by Central Library & IQAC, SNCW.
- Python for a Cause, online Workshop on “Python Computing” held on 12th June to 24th June, 2020; organized by Teach Python in association with Indian Institute of Science Education and Research IIISER).
- National level Webinar on “Environmental protection through Biodiversity Conservation”, 5th June, 2020; organized by Department of Zoology and IQAC, SNCW.
- Online Workshop on “Mapping and Data Analysis using Python Libraries & Statistical Tools”held on 2nd June to 8th June; organized by Department of Computer Science and IQAC east Calcutta Girls’ College.
- International Webinar on “Covid-19 and its preventive Measures”, held on 2nd and 3rd June, 2020 organized by NSS units, Midnapur College, West Bengal.
- Indraprastha Webinar series: “Role of Science, Technology and Innovation in the current scenario”; held on 26th -29th May, 2020; organized by Universiry School of Basic and Applied Science, Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, new Delhi.
- Online Workshop on “Working with Python Programming” held on 15th May -21stMay,2020; organized by Department of Computer science & IQAC, East Calcutta Girls’ College in collaboration with Department of computer Science, WBSU.
- “Effect of Ultra violet radiation on earth” by Manisha Pal: UGC sponsored state Level Seminar “Progress of Science vis-à-vis Environment”10-14th Jan, 2013, Sarojini Naidu College for Women, Kolkata.
- “Research opportunities available in research Institute/University” an orientation workshop for Physics College Teachers, at Satyendranath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata, 30th Aug. 2006.
- Electrical properties of Fe2O3-TeO2 based amorphous films prepared by vapour deposition method: Manisha Pal; “One day seminar on Materials Physics” conducted by Materials Research Society of India at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics on 19th Sept., 2005.
- “UGC-DAE-IUC Workshop on high magnetic field” conducted by IUC in Jadavpur University 2nd campus on 6th Sept., 2005.
- AICTE sponsored HRD (Human Resource Development) programme conducted by Indian Heritage Academy in association with Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata from 13th Oct. -16th Oct. 2004.
- Workshop on “Review of Engineering Degree Curriculum of Physics” conducted by West Bengal University of Technology from 26th July to 30th July, 2004.
- “UGC-DAE-CSR Workshop on Radiation Applications: Basic and Applied Sciences” conducted by IUC and Jadavpur University in Jadavpur University from 9th -10th Feb., 2004.
- Structural and electrical transport properties of amorphous MoO3-TeO2 films prepared by PVD method: Manisha Pal, Y. Tsujigami, A. Yoshikado and H. Sakata, International Conferences Materials and Technologies, May, 2000, Venice, Italy.
- Structural and electrical properties of amorphous MoO3-TeO2 films, Manisha Pal, Y. Tsujigami, A. Yoshikado and H. Sakata, 38th Ceramic Society Meeting (Jan 2000), Okyama, Japan.
- DAE Solid State Physics Symposium 1997, Kochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, 27th -31st Dec., 1997.
- Non-adiabatic small polaron hopping conduction in SrTiO3 doped 90V2O5-10Bi2O3 type vanadate glasses: M. Sadhukhan, S. Chakraborty and B. K. Chaudhuri, Condensed Matter days, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Anomolous electrical property of Bi(1-x)PbxO(3-x) (x= 0-0.8) oxide glasses like semiconductor-metal-semiconductor transitions: M. Sadhukhan, G. Banerjee, P. K. Pal and B. K. Chaudhuri, DAE Solid State Symposium, 1995, Calcutta, India.