Dr. Anandarup Roy is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Sarojini Naidu College for Women, since September 2019. Previously, he served Amity University, Kolkata, and Usha-Martin University, Ranchi as Assistant Professor. Before starting his teaching career, Dr. Roy was a Postdoctoral Scholar with Prof. Robert Sabourin at École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS), Canada, from May 2015 to April 2017.
Dr. Roy completed his Ph.D. at Visva-Bharati University in 2014, under the joint guidance of Prof. Swapan K. Parui of Indian Statistical Institute and Prof. Utpal Roy of Visva-Bharati. He was awarded a Senior Research Fellowship by the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).
Research activities of Dr. Roy are in the area of Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning. His interesting fields are:
- Statistical Mixture Models
- Handwriting Recognition
- Multiple Classifier Systems
- Discrete Structure
- R Programming
- Programming Fundamental using C/C++
(Code: CMSACOR01T, CMSACOR01P)
- Programming in Python
- O. Samanta, A. Roy, U. Bhattacharya and S. K. Parui (2018), An HMM Framework Based on Spherical-Linear Features for Online Cursive Handwriting Recognition, Information Sc., Elsevier, Vol. 441, pp. 133–151, IF: 4.832, SCI indexed.
- A. Roy, R. M. O. Cruz, R. Sabourin and G. D. C. Cavalcanti (2018), A Study on combining Dynamic Selection and Data Preprocessing for Imbalance Learning, Neurocomputing, Elsevier, Vol. 286, pp. 179–192, IF: 2.005, SCI indexed.
- R. Ghoshal, A. Roy, A. Banerjee B. C. Dhara and S. K. Parui (2018), A Novel Method for Binarization of Scene Text Images and its Application in Text Identification, Pattern Anal. and Appl., Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s10044-018-0687-2, IF: 1.352, SCI indexed.
- A. Roy, A. Pal and U. Garain (2017), JCLMM: A Finite Mixture Model for Clustering of Circular-Linear data and its application to Psoriatic Plaque Segmentation, Pattern Recog., Vol. 66, pp. 160–173, IF: 3.399, SCI indexed.
- R. Ghoshal, A. Roy, B. C. Dhara, and S. K. Parui (2017), Recognition of Bangla text from outdoor images using decision tree model, International J. of Knowledge-Based and Intell. Eng. Sys., Vol. 21(1), pp. 29–38, Scopus indexed.
- A. Roy, R. M. O. Cruz, R. Sabourin and G. D. C. Cavalcanti (2016), Meta-learning Recommendation of Default Size of Classifier Pool for META-DES, Neurocomputing, Elsevier, Vol. 216, pp. 351–362, IF: 2.005, SCI indexed.
- A. Roy, S. K. Parui and U. Roy (2016), SWGMM: A Semi-Wrapped Gaussian Mixture Model for Clustering of Circular-linear Data, Pattern Anal. and Appl., Springer, Vol. 19 (3), pp. 631–645, IF: 1.352, SCI indexed.
- A. Roy and S. K. Parui (2014), Pair-Copula Based Mixture Models and their Application in Clustering, Pattern Recog., Elsevier, Vol. 47 (4), pp. 1689-1697, IF: 3.399, SCI indexed.
- A. Roy, S. K. Parui and U. Roy (2012), A Mixture Model of Circular-Linear Distributions for Color Image Segmentation, Int. J. of Comput. Appl., Vol. 58(9), pp. 6-11.
- T. K. Bhowmik, P. Ghanty, A. Roy and S. K. Parui (2009), SVM-Based Hierarchical Architectures for Handwritten Bangla Character Recognition, Int. J. of Doc. Anal. and Recog., springer, Vol. 12 (2), pp. 83- 96, IF: 0.902, SCI indexed.
- P. Ghanty, S. Paul, A. Roy, D. P. Mukherjee, N. R. Pal, M. Vasudevan, H. Kumar and A.K. Bhaduri (2008), A Fuzzy Rule Based Approach for Predicting Weld Bead Geometry in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Sc. and Tech. of Welding and Joining, Vol. 13(2), pp. 167- 175, IF: 1.426, SCI indexed.