Ms. Salma Khatun
Department of Sanskrit
Salma Khatun is an Assistant Professor of Sarojini Naidu College for Women in Kolkata. She obtained B.A degree with Sanskrit Honours from Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata. She further obtained her Master degree in Sanskrit from University of Calcutta. She got her B.Ed. degree from Kolkata Teacher’s Training College. She is pursuing her Ph.D. in Sanskrit from Jadavpur University. She attended many International, National and State level seminars.
Research areas of Ms. Salma Khatun are as follows:
- Ancient and Medieval Indian Mathematics and Astronomy in Sanskrit.
- Course Code-SANACOR01T- Classical Sanskrit Literature (Poetry): Section ‘C’-Kiratarjuniyam-Canto I (1-25 Verses)
- Course Code – SANACOR02T- Critical Survey of Sanskrit Literature : Section ‘B’-Ramayana
- Course Code – SANACOR07T- Indian Social Institutions and Polity : Section ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’
- Course Code – SANACOR08T- Indian Epigraphy, Paleography and Chronology : Section ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’
- Course Code – SANADSE02T- Brihadarnnyakopanishad – Ch-IV & 5
- Course Code – SANACOR12T: Sanskrit Grammar – Section ‘B’ General Introduction on Philology.
- Course Code – SANGCOR01T- Sanskrit Poetry Section ‘C’ Nitisatakam (1-2- Verses)
- Course Code – SANLCOR01T: Prasstavana & 1st two stories from Mitralabha
- Course Code – SANLCOR02T: Panchatantra – Mitraveda.
- Instruments in Suryasiddhanta.
- Time measurement from Vedic period to 12th century.
- Committee 1: NCC
- Committee 2: NSS
- Committee 3: Student Welfare – Sports
- Committee 4 : Campus Development