Assistant Professor and H.O.D Department of Geography
I am currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at Sarojini Naidu College for Women, from May 2017. Previously, I served Taradevi Harakhchand Kankaria. Jain College, Kolkata as Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography from March 2012 to May 2017. I am currently doing my doctoral research from West Bengal State University under the guidance of Dr. Subhamita Choudhury.
My research activities are in the area of Geomorphology. More precisely, my Field of interests are:
- Coastal Geomorphology
- Numerical Modelling
- Remote Sensing
Currently, I am teaching the following courses:
- Geomorphology (GEOACOR01T,GEOACOR01P )
- Cartography (GEOACOR02T)
- Climatology (GEOACOR05T)
- Statistics (GEOACOR07T, GEOACOR07P)
- Environmental Geography (GEOACOR10T)
- Regional Planning and Development (GEOACOR08T)
- Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System (GEOACOR12T, GEOACOR12P)
- Mandal, S. (2011): Effect of Cyclone on Sagar Island, The Observer Vol 27th (ISSN: 2230-9535)
- Mandal, S. (2012): Dalhousie: Akti Bhougolik Bornona, Himalay Prosango, Vol 1st , (ISSN:2231 – 1076 )
- ‘Flash flood: A Sudden, unexpected disaster in Himalayan Region’ in National Seminar on ‘Perspectives of Himalayan Environment’ organised by Himalaya Samiksha Parishad held on 30th October, 2010.
- ‘Biodiversity characteristics of Sikkim Himalayan Region’ in UGC sponsored State level Seminar on ‘Biodiversity in India: Perspective, Management and conservation’ organised by Dwijendralal College, Krishnanagar, Nadia held on 26th February, 2011.
- ‘Evolution of The Digha Coast, East Medinipur, West Bengal: Causes and Consequences’ in 24th National Conference and Annual Convention of Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) on Coastal Dynamics and Geomorphology, organised by Department of Geology, Anna University, Chennai held on 20th October, 2011.
- ‘Changes in Digha Coastal Stretch, East Medinipur, West Bengal’ in 33rd Annual Conference of The Institute of Indian Geographer’s (IIG) and International Seminar on Population, Development & Disaster Management organised by Department of Geography and Disaster Management, Tripura University held on 10th February, 2012.
- ‘Exploring the tranquil beauty of the Himalaya: The Har-Ki-Dun Valley trek.’ In National Seminar on ‘Himalaya: Environment and Development’’ organised by Himalaya Samiksha Parishad on 10th November, 2012.
- ‘Hydrodynamic Response of Coastal Inlet System: A Case Study of Ramnagar Khal.’ In 27th National Conference and Annual Convention of Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) on ‘Geomorphology and Geospatial Technology in Environment Management and Societal Development’ jointly organised by Department of Geography and Environmental Management and Department of Remote Sensing and GIS, Vidyasagar University, Midnapur held on 15th November, 2014.
- ‘Hydrodynamic Response of a Tidal Inlet: A Case Study of Jaldah, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal’ in 29th National Conference and Annual Convention of Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) organised by Department of Geography, University of Calcutta held on 25th November, 2016.
- ‘Hydrodynamic Behaviour of Tidal Inlet Systems: A Comparative Study of Jaldha and Pichaboni Inlet, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal’ in 9th International Conference on Geomorphology (9th ICG) organised by IAG and Indian Institute of Geomorphologists (IGI) at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 7th November, 2017.