Dr. Saranya Chakraborti
State Aided College Teacher
Department of Environmental Science
Dr. Saranya Chakraborti is working as a State Aided College Teacher (Category:1) in the Department of Environmental Science at Sarojini Naidu College for Women since July, 2017. Previously, she served as a guest lecturer in the field of Environmental Science at Asutosh College (2015-2019), Hiralal Majumdar Memorial College for Women, Dakshineswar (2018-2019)) and P.N Das College (Palta)(2018-2019). Dr. Chakaborti has completed her M.Phil and Ph.D from Jadavpur University. She had qualified National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) for Lecturership in 2016. Dr. Chakraborti had post graduated in Environmental Science from Presidency College under University of Calcutta in 2007, with a specialization in Pollution Control & Management.
Research areas of Dr. Saranya Chakraborti are as follows:
- Estuarine ecosystem study
- Solid Waste Management
- Ecology nad Ecosystems (EVSHGEC01T)
- Environmental Biotechnology (EVSHGE02T)
- Urban Ecosystems and Environmental Pollution (EVSHGE03T)
- Biodiversity and Conservation (EVSHGE04T)
- Energy and Environment (EVSGDSE01T)
- Solid Waste Management (EVSGDSE02T))
- Nonlinear atmospheric gravity wave as observed from Radiosonde and AWS data, Sen, G.K,. Chakraborty, D,.Chatterjee, M., Chakraborti, S. Ecology, Environment and Conservation,16(4) :2010; pp. (609-613)
- Tidal variations in the Sundarbans estuarine system, India, Meenakshi Chatterjee, D. Shankar, G.K. Sen, P. Sanyal , D. Sundar, G.S. Michael, Abhisek Chatterjee, P. Amol, Debabrata Mukherjee, K. Suprit, Arnab Mukherjee, V.Vijith, Siddhartha Chatterjee, Anwesha Basu, Madhumita Das, Sharanya Chakraborti, Arvind Kalla, Surya Kanta Mishra, Soumya Mukhopadhyay, Gopal Mandal, Kankan Sarkar, Journal of Earth System Science, August Issue, 2013.
- Tide and mixing characteristics in Sundarbans estuarine river system, Goutam KS, Tanaya D, Anwesha S, Sharanya C, Meenakshi C., Hydrology Current Research, 2015,6:2, doi: 10.4172/2157-7587.1000204
- Mathematical modeling for phytoplankton distribution in Sundarbans Estuarine System, India, D, Tanaya., Chakraborti, S., Mukherjee, J., Sen, GK., Ecological Modelling 368 (2018) 111-120.