Sarojini Naidu College for Women can boast of a Language Laboratory which is managed and operated by the Department of English. The Laboratory has eight consoles for the learners along with a master console for the instructor. This Laboratory is of particular use to the students pursuing the Communicative English Vocational Course.
Language laboratory is an audio-visual installation used in modern teaching methods to learn the foreign languages. It is a technological breakthrough for imparting skills in English. The lab offers an exclusive result oriented and efficient way to enrich the English language learning process.
Major Benefits of our Language Lab:
- Auditory Oriented: The direct sound transmission helps the students to follow the teacher’s instructions with clarity and ease.
- Comprehensive: The Lab increases the pace of comprehension as students’ coaching is purely based on the level of study.
- Effective learning: The lab provides to learn the foreign language practice in a focused setting that eliminates the feelings of self-consciousness.
- Focussed Guidance: It is easy to guide the groups by monitoring each student independently without disturbing the others students.
- Scope for self evaluation: The students can do a periodical self evaluation to measure their progress as well as evaluate their language skill with that of the expert.
- Independent learning: Access to resources beyond the timetable encourages independent learning.
- Overcome the fear: The automated learning environment removes one’s fear and creates a happy learning situation.
- Medium of interactivity: The students can record their own voice and play back the recordings, interact with each other and the teacher, and store the results.