Designation: State Aided College Teacher (Formerly Guest Lecturer)
Qualification: M.Sc. NET-LS, Ph.D.
Teaching Experience: 1 Year 11 Months
Email (institutional): email@example.com
Teaching Module: 2020-21
A short Biography: Actually have gone through a no of versatile disciplines in Total Academic career. As completed graduation in Zoology Hons from Bramhananda Kashab Chandra College on the yr 2002, and then completed post-graduation MSc in Department of Genetics from University of Calcutta on 2004 (Scored 66.7% marks with university rank as 1st class sixth position), and after qualifying in National Eligibility test in Lectureship Category, completed PhD in plant-cytomolecular Genetics on the year 2012. Got State Govt Fellowship(UGC scale) for completing PhD tenure.
Got selected for Dr. D. S. Kothari Post-Doctoral award (International level Award and fellowship), in clinical Biochemistry in the year 2012 and worked as post doctoral fellow up to the year 2015 in Biochemistry Department in University of Calcutta.
In school and College levels have involved in numbers of cultural activities, seminars and with 1st or 2nd ranks.
Passed Madhyamik examination in the year 1996 with 81.33* percentage and Uchhyamadhyamik (H. S.) in 1998 with 72.1% from Baranagar Rajkumari Girls High School (always ranked 1st to 3rd in school level).
Joined in Sarojini Naidu College for Women, West Bengal, as guest lecturer in Department of Zoology on 10th July 2019, and has been appointed as State Aided College Teacher (category I) on 01.01. 2020. As remain attached with Department of Zoology till date.
Syllabus covered by Me: Dr. Suranjana Haldar
|Course||SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2||SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4||SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
CC2P: Study of Species diversity index, Shanon Weaver, Simpson diversity index
CC7P: Estimation of Proteins by Lowry, Biochemical Assay
Parametric Statistical Test: Comparison of means by Student t Test
CC14P: H.W equilibrium test
|General||Identification of Invertebrates
GEC1 practical: Kingdom Protista, Phylum Porifera
GEC02P: Quantitative test of protein by Lowry estimation,
Biochemical test of Carbohydrates
Mounting and studying of mouth Parts of insects
Research Experience: PhD in Cytomolecular genetics, Post doctoral fellowship in Clinical genetics.
Title of Thesis: “Analysis of different species of Asparagus by cytomolecular techniques’.
Postdoctoral project Award: “Correlation and risk assessment of ………….T2DM patients’.
Summer project under Dr. A. K. Giri, IICB, Human Genetics Division. Title of Project: Induction of Cytoplasmic Micronuclear formation by Sodium Arsenite in vitro.
- Ray Haldar Suranjana*, Haldar A*, Mishra I, Chakrabarty A, Sengupta S* and Bhattacharyya M* (2019). Correlation Between Serum PON1 Arylesterase Activity and Rs 854573 PON1 A<G Polymorphism with Type 2 Diabetes in an Eastern Indian Cohort. American Journal of Biomedical and Life Sciences. 2019; 7(6): 121-132
- Ray Haldar Suranjana, Chakrabarty A, Chowdhury S, Haldar A, Sengupta S* and Bhattacharyya M* (2015) Oxidative stress related genes in Type 2 Diabetes: Association analysis and their clinical impact. Biochem Genet; 53: 93-119. DOI 10.1007/s10528-015-9675z.
- Ray Haldar Suranjana and Bhattacharyya M* (2014) Oxidative stress: Lipid peroxidation products as predictors in disease progression. J Exp Inter Med; 4: 151-164. DOI 10.5455/jeim.210414.rw.007.
- Mukhopadhyay S1* and Ray Suranjana2 (2013). Chromosome and Marker based genome analysis in different species of Asparagus. Cytologia; 78: 425-437, DOI 10.1508/cytologia 78.425.
- Ray Suranjana1, Mukhopadhyay MJ2 and Mukhopadhyay S1* (2010). Assessment of Phylogenetic Relationships among six economically important species of Asparagus utilizing RAPD, ISSR and Isozyme Polymorphism. Bioresearch Bulletin; 3: 153-160.
- Ray Suranjana1, Mukhopadhyay MJ2 and Mukhopadhyay S3* (2010). Assessment of Phylogenetic Relationships in species of Asparagus. Proceedings of Botanicals in Intigrated Health Care, Convention 2010. The Agri Horticultural Society of India.
- Ray Suranjana1, Mukhopadhyay MJ2 and Mukhopadhyay S1* (2009). Assessment of Phylogenetic Relationships among 4species of Asparagus utilizing chromosomal and molecular markers. Perspectives in Cytology and Genetics; 14: 185-192.
- Mukhopadhyay S1*, Ghosh U1, Ray Suranjana1 and Mukhopadhyay MJ2 (2006). Direct shoot bud multiplication for clonal propagation of Asparagus officinalis L. J Bot Soc Bengal 60(2): 72-75.
1.Selected for oral presentation in west Bengal state Science Congress 2019-20.
- Author workshop directly organized by Springer and University of Calcutta on 20th November, 2014.
- A 5 day workshop on Genetics and Epidemiology-Study design and Statistical methods conducted by National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani and Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal from 1st April to 5th April, 2013.
- DST PURSE Sponsored one day seminar on ‘Diabetes research: Present Status and Future prospects’ held on 17th September, 2012 organized by Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Calcutta.
- Presented Poster in Botanicals in Integrated Health Care during 26-28th December, 2010. Topic of poster -‘Assesment of Phylogenetic…..Asparagus’.
- Presented Poster entitled ‘A study on 4 different species of Asparagus utilizing RAPD, ISSR and Isozyme Markers’ at the National symposium on XXXI annual meeting of Plant Tissue Culture Association (India) held on 3rd to 5th March 2010, organized by the Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Botany, University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Presented poster on the 14th All India Congress of Cytology and Genetics organized by Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata and Department of Genetics, Calcutta University, Kolkata from December 01-04, 2009
- Attended the symposium on ‘Plant Biotechnology and its relevance to Food Secretary’ supported by the DBT-Program support, Dept of Biotechnology on 23rd August, 2008.
- Attended the seminar on ‘Plant Tissue Culture and Genetic Transformation’ sponsored by the University Grants Commission and the University of Calcutta held during March 30 to April 07, 2006.