Department of Zoology
I am working as an SACT in the Department of Zoology, Sarojini Naidu College for Women since July 2019. I have completed my Ph.D. from ICMR-National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases in 2021. I qualified CSIR-UGC NET JRF in 2012 with rank 69. I completed my M.Sc. from Bangabasi College and my B.Sc. was from Sarojini Naidu College for Women.
Host pathogen interaction. Areas of specialization: ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Western blot, Gel electrophoresis, PCR as well as surgical models like Mice and Rabbit ileal loop model, RITARD model etc.
Currently, I am teaching the following courses: Odd Semesters
- Molecular Biology
- Comparative Anatomy
- Developmental Biology
- Chowdhury G, Das B, Kumar S, Pant A, Mukherjee P, Ghosh D, Koley H, Miyoshi SI, Okamoto K, Paul A, Dutta S, Ramamurthy T, Mukhopadyay AK. Genomic insights into extensively drug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from a diarrhea case in Kolkata, India. Future Microbiol. 2023 Mar 14. doi: 10.2217/fmb-2022-0140. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 36916516.
- Das S, Chourashi R, Mukherjee P, Kundu S, Koley H, Dutta M, Mukhopadhyay AK, Okamoto K, Chatterjee NS. Inhibition of growth and virulence of Vibrio cholerae by carvacrol, an essential oil component of Origanum spp. J Appl Microbiol. 2021 Sep;131(3):1147-1161. doi: 10.1111/jam.15022. Epub 2021 Feb 22. PMID: 33544959.
- Das S, Chourashi R, Mukherjee P, Gope A, Koley H, Dutta M, Mukhopadhyay AK, Okamoto K, Chatterjee NS, Multifunctional transcription factor CytR of Vibrio cholerae is important for pathogenesis. Microbiology. 2020. doi: 10.1099/mic.0.000949.
- Mukherjee P, Mondal V, Bhaumik U, Sinha R, Sarkar S, Mitra S, Howlader DR, Maiti S, Mukhopadhyay AK, Dutta S, Koley H. Studies on formulation of a combination heat killed immunogen from diarrheagenic Escherichia coli and Vibrio cholerae in RITARD model. Microbes Infect. 2019 Oct – Nov;21(8-9):368-376. doi: 10.1016/j.micinf.2019.02.007. Epub 2019 Mar 7. PubMed PMID: 30853357.
- Bhattacharya D, Sinha R, Mukherjee P, Howlader DR, Nag D, Sarkar S, Koley H, Withey JH, Gachhui R. Anti-virulence activity of polyphenolic fraction isolated from Kombucha against Vibrio cholerae. Microb Pathog. 2019 Dec 14;140:103927. doi: 10.1016/j.micpath.2019.103927. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31846743.
- Howlader DR, Koley H, Sinha R, Maiti S, Bhaumik U, Mukherjee P, Dutta S. Development of a novel S. Typhi and Paratyphi A outer membrane vesicles based bivalent vaccine against enteric fever. PLoS One. 2018 Sep 14;13(9):e0203631. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0203631. e Collection 2018. PubMed PMID: 30216367.
- Howlader DR, Koley H, Maiti S, Bhaumik U, Mukherjee P, Dutta S. A brief review on the immunological scenario and recent developmental status of vaccines against enteric fever. Vaccine. 2017 Nov 7;35(47):6359-6366. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2017.09.066. Epub 2017 Oct 12. Review. PubMed PMID: 29031693.
- Mukherjee P, Raychaudhuri S, Nag D, Sinha R, Howlader DR, Mukhopadhyay AK, Koley H. Evaluation of immunogenicity and protective efficacy of combination heat-killed immunogens from three entero-invasive bacteria in rabbit model. Immunobiology. 2016 Aug; 221(8):918-26. doi: 10.1016/j.imbio.2016.03.002.
- Howlader DR, Sinha R, Nag D, Majumder N, Mukherjee P, Bhaumik U, Maiti S, Withey JH, KoleyH. Zebrafish as a novel model for non-typhoidal Salmonella pathogenesis, transmission and vaccine efficacy. Vaccine. 2016 Sep 30; 34(42):5099-106. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.08.077. PubMed PMID: 27614779.
- Koley H, Ghosh P, Sinha R, Mitra S, Mukherjee P, Howlader DR, Chaki C, Nag D. Streptozotocin-induced hyperglycaemic mice are susceptible to invasive enteric bacterial infection. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2016 May 9. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27169940.
- Sinha R, Howlader DR, Mukherjee P, Rai S, Nag D, Koley H. Retinoic acid decreases the severity of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium mediated gastroenteritis in a mouse model. Immunobiology. 2016 Jul; 221 (7):839-44. doi: 10.1016/j.imbio.2016.01.011. Epub 2016 Jan 29. PubMed PMID: 26858186.
- Nag D, Koley H, Sinha R, Mukherjee P, Sarkar C, Withey JH, Gachhui R. Immunization of Mice with a Live Transconjugant Shigella Hybrid Strain Induced Th1 and Th17 Cell-Mediated Immune Responses and Confirmed Passive Protection Against Heterologous Shigellae. Scand J Immunol. 2016 Feb; 83(2):92-101. doi: 10.1111/sji.12394. PubMed PMID: 26478541.
- Patent obtained: Granted a patent application for the process of ‘Alginate chitosan nanoformulation of OmpA and a method related thereof’ with Patent number 333035. Koley H, Mukherjee P, Nag D, Sinha R, Chakrabarti MK.
- Participated in Sakura Exchange Program in Science course, organized by Japan Science and Technology Agency, in 2016.