Designation: Associate Professor
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Ecology and Environment from Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment, New Delhi, 1998
- Qualified GATE-1997 and Joint CSIR-UGC NET-1998, 1999 in Life Sciences
As Part time Teacher in Bethune College – August 2004 to March 2005
As Honorary Guest Lecturer in Bethune College – April 2005 – August 2005
As Full time Teacher in SNCW – February 2006 – Till date
Email (institutional) : email@example.com
|Course||SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2||SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4||SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
Non Chordates I
|Non Chordates II
|Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology
|Endocrinology||Fish and Fishery|
|General||Histology||Insect, Vectors and Diseases||Environment and Public Health|
|Research Level||Supporting Agency Name||From (dd/mm/yy)||To (dd/mm/yy)||Place of work|
a) Papers published in peer-reviewed journals :
- Aditya Bandyopadhyay S. (2020) Institutional Ground serves as a safe haven for birds, butterflies and odonates – A case study from Kolkata. International Journal of Advancement in Life Sciences Research, 3(4):09-16. ISSN: 2581-4877 https://doi.org/10.31632/ijalsr.20.v03i04.002
- Chatterjee M. and Aditya Bandyopadhyay S. (2020) Assessment of the prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome among the college students: A case-control study from Kolkata. Journal of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, 25(1): 28-32. ISSN: 0971-9903 Cited by 8 DOI: 10.4103/jmgims.jmgims_62_19
- Mandal R. and Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) S. (2017) An observation on the Odonata diversity in and around Sarojini Naidu College campus, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. International Journal of Entomology Research, 2(4) : 31-34. ISSN: 2455-4758 Cited by 3
- Das, P. and Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) S. (2016) A preliminary assessment of avifaunal diversity in and around Sarojini Naidu College campus, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. International Journal of Fauna and Biological Studies, 3(2): 56-61. ISSN: 2347-2677 Cited by 5
- Das P. and Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) S. (2014) Coral reefs in peril : an Appraisal. Journal of Environment and Sociobiology, 11(2): 279-284 ISSN: 0973-0834
- Nair, A. V., Mitra, P. and Aditya (Bandyopadhyay), S. (2014) Studies on the diversity and abundance of butterfly (Lepidoptera: Rhopalocera) fauna in and around Sarojini Naidu College campus, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 2(4): 129-134. ISSN: 2320-7078 Cited by 63
- Aditya Bandyopadhyay, S. (2014) A preliminary study on the reproductive toxicity of statins in rats. International Journal of Research in Biological Sciences, 3(3), 39-47. ISSN: 2319 2844 Cited by 1
- Banerjee, S., Banerjee, S., Saraswat, G., Aditya Bandyopadhyay, S. and Kabir, S.N. (2014) Female reproductive aging is master-planned at the level of ovary. PLoS ONE, 9(5), e96210. [I.F. – 3.73 ] Cited by 46 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0096210
- Aditya Bandyopadhyay, S. (2014) On the record of a Spot-fin porcupine fish, Diodon hystrix (Linnaeus, 1758) from Mandarmani, Bay of Bengal coast of West Bengal, Proceedings of the Zoological Society, 67 (2): 175-177. ISSN: 0373-5893 Cited by 5 DOI:10.1007/s12595-013-0087-y
- Banerjee, S., Chakraborty, P., Saha, P., Aditya Bandyopadhyay, S., Banerjee, S. and Kabir, S.N. (2012) Ovotoxic effects of galactose involve attenuation of Follicle-stimulating hormone bioactivity and up-regulation of granulosa cell p53 expression. PLoS ONE, 7(2), e30709. [I.F. – 4.092] Cited by 30 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0030709
- Bandyopadhyay, S., Banerjee, S., Pal, A.K., Goswami, S.K., Chakravarty, B.N. and Kabir, S.N. (2004) Primordial germ cell migration in the rat: preliminary evidence for a role of galactosyltransferase. Biology of Reproduction, 71(6), 1822-1827. [I.F. – 3.550] Cited by 8 https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod.104.028555
- Bandyopadhyay, S., Chakrabarti, J., Banerjee, S., Pal, A. K., Goswami, S.K., Chakravarty, B.N. and Kabir, S.N. (2003) Galactose toxicity in the rat as a model for premature ovarian failure: an experimental approach readdressed. Human Reproduction, 18, 2031-38. [I.F. – 3.125] Cited by 86 DOI: 10.1093/humrep/deg414
- Bandyopadhyay, S., Chakrabarti, J., Banerjee, S., Pal, A. K., Bhattacharyya, D., Goswami, S.K., Chakravarty, B.N. and Kabir, S.N. (2003) Prenatal exposure to high galactose adversely affects initial gonadal pool of germ cells in rats. Human Reproduction, 18, 276-282. [I.F. – 3.125] Cited by 55 DOI: 10.1093/humrep/deg058
b) Papers published in non-refereed journal:
- Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay). (2016) Premature ovarian failure – an overview. The Beats of Natural Sciences Vol III, Issue. 2, Article no. 3, pg. 1-11. ISSN No. 2348-7615.
- Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay). (2012) Polycystic ovary syndrome – an enigma. Bodhi Bignan Vol II, no. 3, pg. 35-39. ISSN No. 2277-4831.
c) Papers published in Conference Proceedings :
- Aiswarya V. Nair, Pradarsika Mitra and Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) (2014) A study on the butterfly diversity in and around Sarojini Naidu College campus, Dum Dum, Kolkata in Proceedings of the UGC sponsored National Conference on Biodiversity: Interrelationship between Flora, Fauna and Human, Mrinalini Datta Mahavidyapith, Birati, September 29 & 30, 2013 Edited by Dr. A. Bandyopadhyay, ISBN:978-81-929410-0-4
- Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) and Gunjan Roy Chowdhury (2014) Plastic Pollution and its consequences on marine biota in Proceedings of the WBDST sponsored seminar- Impact of Pollution: Assessment and Awareness organized by Department of Zoology, Hooghly Womens’ College, February 14 & 15, 2014 Edited by Dr. S. Nandi, ISBN: 978-81-921083-8-4
- Priyanka Das and Soma Aditya Bandyopadhyay (2014) Coastal shrimp farming-Threats to the environment in Proceedings of the UGC sponsored National seminar – Marine Biodiversity of India – Threats and Prospects organized by Department of Zoology, Raja Peary Mohan College, Uttarpara, Hooghly, September 24 & 25, 2013.
- Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) (2012) Prenatal exposure to galactose in rat: A model to investigate Premature Ovarian failure (POF)/Resistant Ovary Syndrome(ROS) in Proceedings of the RC-Newer Concepts in Life Sciences held during Nov.19-Dec.08, 2012 Edited by Prof. Sandip Mukhopadhyay and Prof. Asok K. Biswas. Published by UGC-ASC and Dept. of Botany, University of Calcutta, Pg. 120-121.
- Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) (2008) Endangered Birds of India in Proceedings of the Seventy seventh Orientation Program held during Nov 26-Dec 24, 2008. Edited by Prof. Dipa Biswas and Dr. Sriparna Dutta. Published by UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Calcutta, Kolkata. Pg. A32.
- Syed N. Kabir, Soma Bandyopadhyay and Sutapa Banerjee. (2006) Impaired galactosylation of follicle-stimulating hormone – a pathway to ovarian resistance in galactosemia in Proceedings of the UGC sponsored State Level Seminar-Recent Advances in Molecular and Integrative Physiology, held on 16-17 Dec, 2005. Edited by Dr. Bitanbindu Bandyopadhyay. Published by Dept. of Physiology, Raja Peary Mohan College, Uttarpara, Hooghly. Pg. 26-31.
d) Chapter in book:
- Soma Aditya (Bandyopadhyay) (2013) Adverse impact of environmental toxicants on fertility in Progress of Science vis-à-vis Environment, Edited by D. Choudhury and S.S. Nag Pg. 99-110, ISBN : 978-93-5174-670-6
- Syed N. Kabir and Soma Bandyopadhyay. (2007) Ovarian Dysfunction under Galactose Toxicity in Hormone Biotechnology (Commemorative vol. for Prof. Samir Bhattacharya FNA) Edited by Saumen Kr. Maitra. Published by Daya Publishing House, Delhi. Pg. 384-398. ISBN 817035451X
e) Book edited:
- Contemporary Health Issues and Environmental Impact (2018) Edited by M. Bose, Soma Aditya Bandyopadhyay and S. Poddar. Published by Lincoln University College, Malaysia; ISBN 978-967-10937-9-5
- Paper presentation in International Symposium on Molecular and Clinical Aspects of the Regulation of Ovarian Function: Impact on the Reproductive Health of Women, 6-8 October, 1999.
- Paper presentation in 34th Annual Meeting of the Society for the Study of Reproduction, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, July 28- August 1, 2001.
- Paper presentation in 14th Annual Meeting of the ISSRF, Bangalore, January 23-25, 2004.
- Paper presentation in International Conference on Recent Advances and Challenges in Reproductive Health Research and 17th Annual Meeting of the ISSRF, New Delhi, February 19-21, 2007.
- Paper presentation in Golden Jubilee International Seminar Researches in Zoology- Basic and Applied, The University of Burdwan, March 17-19, 2010.
- Paper presentation in UGC sponsored State Level Seminar : Recent Trends in Chemistry and Biology: To Ignite Young Minds, Derozio Memorial College, Kolkata, February 10, 2012.
- Paper presentation in International Conference on Reproductive Health with Emphasis on Strategies for Family Planning & 22nd Annual Meeting of the ISSRF, AIIMS, New Delhi, February 19-21, 2012.
- Paper presentation in UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on Progress of Science vis-à-vis Environment, Sarojini Naidu College for Women, Kolkata, January 11 & 14, 2013.
- Paper presentation in National Seminar on Natural Resources and Heritage Conservation Issues in India organised by SEBA, Paribesh Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata, September 8, 2013.
- Paper presentation in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Marine Biodiversity of India: Threats and Prospects, Raja Peary Mohan College, Uttarpara, Hooghly, September 24 & 25, 2013.
- Paper presentation in UGC sponsored National Conference on Biodiversity: Interrelationship between Flora, Fauna and Human, Mrinalini Datta Mahavidyapith, Birati, September 29 & 30, 2013
- Paper presentation in WBDST sponsored State level Conference on Impact of pollution: Assessment and awareness, Hooghly Women’s College, February 14 & 15, 2014.
- Paper presentation in National Seminar on Aquaresources: Care and Concerns, IICE, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, February 14, 2015.
- Paper presentation in International Seminar on Exploring the modern approach in Biological Science : From Genome to Organism, SKBU, Purulia, November 25-27, 2015.
- Paper presentation in International Conference on Aquatic Resources and Sustainable Management, Science City, Kolkata, February 17-19, 2016.
- Paper presentation in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Conservation of Biodiversity and Natural Resources in Sustainable Development, APC College, New Barrackpore, September 6-7, 2016.
- Paper presentation in International Conference on Advances in Biological Techniques, Raja Peary Mohan College, Uttarpara, Hooghly, November 2-4, 2017.
- Paper presentation in International Conference on Contemporary Health Issues and Environmental Impact, Sarojini Naidu College for Women, Kolkata, November 30, 2017.
- Paper presentation in International Conference on Sustainable Environment & Healthcare, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, December 21-22, 2019
- Indo-German Satellite Workshop on Fertilization : Lessons from in vitro approaches, October 9 -10 1999, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- UGC-sponsored Orientation Programme, Nov 26 -Dec 24 2008, ASC, CU.
- Trainer’s Training on ‘Biodiversity Conservation’, July 21 -23 2010, ZSI, Kolkata
- Twelfth Leadership Course on Awareness on Protected areas and Wildlife Conservation, March 22-25 2011, Prani Vigyan Bhawan, ZSI, Kolkata
- UGC-sponsored Refresher Course in Life Science, Nov 19-Dec 08, 2012, ASC, CU
- Short term course on Soft Skill Development and Stress Management, Feb 9 – 16, 2016, CCSSS, Jadavpur University
- UGC-sponsored Short term course in Bioinformatics, Jan 25 – 31, 2017, HRDC, CU
- Served as Paper Setter/ Moderator/Examiner in UG level examinations for few Universities of WB
- Served as a member of Editorial Board of PJAR, Bioinfo Publications & The Beats of Natural Sciences
- Served as Organizing Secretary, ”International Conference on Contemporary Health Issues and Environmental Impact” sponsored by WBSCHE held in Sarojini Naidu College for Women, Kolkata on November 30, 2017
- Acted as a Reviewer of – a) International Journal of Zoology Research b)Annals of Entomology
- Extension lecture (as Invited speaker) – a) Mrinalini Datta Mahavidyapith b) Vidyasagar Evening College
- Serving as Coordinator, RUSA 2.0 Project since 2019.
- Serving as Member – Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Academic Subcommittee, Provident Fund Committee, Student Scholarship Committee and Grievance Redressal Cell.
- Completed NPTEL-AICTE Faculty Development Programme on ‘Basic Course in Ornithology’ (Funded by the MoE, Govt. of India) with a consolidated score of 80% during Jan-Apr, 2022 (12 week course)
- Served as one of the Course-Coordinators of an online Certificate Course on Biodiversity and Conservation, “Nurturing Biodiversity for a Sustainable Future” of 30 hours duration offered by the Department of Zoology, SNCW.
- Participated in two day workshop on “Analysis of Statistical data & use of R-Code” funded by SERB, DST, Govt. of India organized by Dept of Statistics, Bidhannagar College, 17th & 18th November,2022.
- Principal Panchanan Sinha Memorial Scholarship for standing First in B.Sc. Part-I Honours Exam, 1994 amongst all the science students of Jogamaya Devi College, Kolkata
- National Scholarship in B. Sc. Part-II examination, 1995
- CSIR Senior Research Fellowship, 2001
- CSIR Research Associateship, 2005
- Best Poster presentation in UGC sponsored State Level Seminar organized by Derozio Memorial College in collaboration with WBSU, 2012
- Blooming Buds Award in National Level e-Poster Competition in Covid-19 Lockdown organized by Durgapur Government College and Durgapur Wildlife Information and Nature Guide Society, 2020
- Best Photograph in Online Photography Competition organized by Sree Chaitanya College, Habra to celebrate World Environment Day, 2020
- The Zoological Society, Kolkata.
- Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility, Jaipur.
- Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai.