Dr. Nandini Chakravorty
Associate Professor Department of Mathematics
Qualification: M.Sc,Ph.D. Teaching experience: 18 years (Previously served as a part-time lecturer in the Department of Mathematics ,Vidyasagar Evening College,Kolkata for 5 years, Bethune College, Kolkata for 1 year and in the UG & PG classes of the Dept. of Economics , Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata for 4 years.) Academic Interests:
- Earthquake Engineering and Soil Mechanics.
- Graph Theory.
- Computer Programming.
Area of Research: Elasticity and Plasticity.
Teaching Modules/Types :
|Course||1st year||2nd year||3rd year|
|Honours||Co-ordinate Geometry 2D & 3D, Vector Algebra & Analysis||Co-ordinate Geometry 2D & 3D, Dynamics||Statics, Hydrostatics, Numerical Analysis, Computer Programming|
|General||Co-ordinate Geometry 2D||Co-ordinate Geometry 3D, Numerical Analysis||Discrete Mathematics|
- N. Chakravorty, Torsional Vibration of a Transversely Isotropic Non-homogeneous Cylinder, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc., 80 (1988), 197 – 203.
- N. Chakravorty, Disturbance in a Non-homogeneous Elastic Medium by a Twisting Impulsive Force, Ind. J. Pure Appl. Math., 19(9) (1988), 915 – 926.
- N. Chakravorty, Buckling of a Non-homogeneous Deep Beam Under a pair of Balancing Couples, Ind. J. Theo. Physics, 37 (1989).
- N. Chakravorty, Twisting of a Non-homogeneous Circular Cylinder Embedded in a Resisting Medium, Ind. J. Theo. Physics, 38 (1990).
- N. Chakravorty, Stresses in a Non-homogeneous Earth Model with a Rigid Core, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc., 82 (1990), 174 – 181.
- N. Chakravorty, Twisting of a Non-homogeneous Circular Cylinder, Ind. J. Theo. Physics, 39 (1991).
- Presented paper at an international seminar in the Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Benaras Hindu University.