Dr. Debjani Mandal (Chakraborty)
State Aided College Teacher-I
Department of Food and Nutrition
She has served as a dedicated teacher in the Department of Food and Nutrition, Sarojini Naidu College for Women since August, 2014. Before that, she joined the Department of Food & Nutrition, Raidighi College, as a guest lecturer in 2012. She has also taught the postgraduate students in the Dept. of Food and Nutrition of West bengal State University as visiting lecturer since February, 2015 to up till November 2018.
She have a teaching experience of ten years. Since 2016, she was Head of the Department of Food & Nutrition till 2020. She is attached with miscelleneous jobs of West Bengal State University for Food and Nutrition.
She was born in Calcutta, India in 1988. She received B.Sc degree in Food & Nutrition from University of Calcutta in 2009 and secured “First class First” rank in M.Sc. from West Bengal State University in 2011. She has qualified UGC NET in 2013 in Home Science. She has been awarded the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Science) in the Dept. of Physiology of West Bengal State University in 2021.
Research areas of Dr. Debjani Mandal are as follows:
- Yogasana, Nutrition and its effects on adolescent growth
- Thesis entitled "Effect of Yogic Practice and Nutrition on Growth Pattern during Adolescence Period", awarded for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Science) in the Dept. of Physiology of West Bengal State University on 28th October 2021.
- Human Nutrition (FNTACOR01)
- Physiology in Nutrition (FNTACOR02)
- Food chemistry (FNTACOR03)
- Human Physiology (FNTACOR04)
- Nutrients Metabolism (FNTACOR05)
- Nutrition through Life Span (FNTACOR06)
- Elementary Dietetics and Menu Planning (FNTACOR07)
- Community Nutrition (FNTACOR08)
- Epidemiology and Public Health (FNTACOR09)
- Diet therapy for Life Style Disorders (FNTACOR10)
- Clinical Nutrition and Diet for Special Situations in Life (FNTACOR11)
- Food Microbiology (FNTACOR12)
- Food Processing (FNTACOR13)
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics (FNTACOR14)
- Food Borne Diseases (FNTADSE03)
- Food and Beverage Management (FNTADSE04)
- Instrumentation (FNTSSEC01M)
- Food and Nutrition (FNTHGEC01)
- Human body and Nutrition (FNTHGEC02)
- Community, Nutrition and Health Assessment (FNTHGEC03)
- Dietetics (FNTHGEC04)
- Public Health Nutrition (FNTGDSE01)
- Food safety and Food Processing (FNTGDSE02)
- Food Commodities (FNTGDSE03)
- Nutritional Biochemistry (FNTGDSE04)
- Debjani Mandal, Uday Sankar Ray and Pratiti Ghosh. Differences in skeletal growth pattern of yoga
practising adolescent girls: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine.2022;13(2), 100550.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaim.2022.100550 PMID: 35255268; PMCID: PMC8904604.
- Debjani Mandal, Uday Sankar Ray and Pratiti Ghosh. Truncal growth pattern of yogasanapractising
children and adolescents. BLDE University Journal of Health Sciences. 2020;5:154-9. DOI:10.4103/bjhs.
- Debjani Mandal and Pratiti Ghosh. Physical growth pattern of Bengalee boys and girls during childhood
and adolescence. Indian Journal of Physiology and Allied Sciences. 2015; 69(1):3-14.ISSN 0367-8350.
- Debjani Mandal, Shruti Agrawal and Pratiti Ghosh. Influence of ignorance, pathophysiology and substance
addiction on the occurrence of diabetes mellitus. Proceedings of UGC Sponsored National Seminar entitled Nutritional Deprivation
in the Midst of Plenty-An Attempt to Create Awareness. 2015. p. 125-128. ISBN:978-93-83010-27-1.
- Debjani Mandal and Shruti Agrawal. Proper dietary regimen and use of herbs reduce the complications of
diabetes mellitus. Chapter in a book entitled Recent Trends in Research of Nutrition Science. 2012. p. 93-99. ISBN No.978-81-921808-5-4.
List of abstract publications:
- Debjani Mandal and Pratiti Ghosh. Cephalometric Dimension of Yoga Practising Children and Adolescents.
Proceedings of the 106th Indian Science Congress; Future India: Science & Technology, Women Science
Congress organized by the Indian Science Congress Association,Kolkata and Lovely Professional University,
Punjab in the year of 2019.
- Debjani Mandal, Uday Sankar Ray and Pratiti Ghosh. Truncal Growth Pattern of Yogasana Practising
Children and Adolescents. The proceedings of national conference on "Future India: Science and Technology" in the year
of 2019. ISBN: 978-93-5351-471-6.
- Two day National conference on Future India: Science and Technology,
jointly organized by Department of Physiology, City College and Indian Science Congress Association Kolkata Chapter .
- Pre-conference International seminar & National conference on Molecular physiological and nutritional responses during
pathophysiological alteration of cell function, organized by Department of Physiology,West Bengal State University .
- 26 th Annual National Conference of the Physiological Society of India, PHYSICON-2014, organized by Department of
Physiology and Department of Zoology Berhampore Girls’ College in collaboration with Central Sericultural Research & Training
Institute, Berhampore,Murshidabad .
- UGC sponsored national seminar on Recent Trends in Research of Nutrition Science,organized by Department of Food and Nutrition,
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College in collaboration with Department of Food and Nutrition, West Bengal State University .
- Awareness about food fads in North 24 Parganas. UGC sponsored national seminar on Nutritional Deprivation in the
Midst of Plenty- An Attempt to Create Awareness, Organised by Department of Food and Nutrition, Raidighi College in
collaboration with Department of Botany .
- One-Day International webinar on "Immunological and Psychosocial Spectrum of COVID19"
organized by the Department of Physiology and IQAC, Krishnagar Government College .
- International webinar series, 2020 on the occasion of "National Nutrition Month 2020 "
organized by Department of Home Science, University of Calcutta, 2020.
- National webinar on "Pathophysiologyof Human Diseases and its Management" jointly
organized By Department of Physiology & IQAC West Bengal State University .
- National webinar on "Sports Nutrition : Beyond the Realm of Books"
organized by ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition, 2020.
- National webinar on "Healthy Longevity through Geriatric Nutrition"
organized by Department of Post Graduate Studies & Research in Biotechnology & Department of Food Processing &
Engineering (DDU Kaushal Kendra). St. Aloysius College (Autonomous) Mangaluru .
- National webinar on "Development & Maintenance of Physical & Mental Wellness during Covid-
19 Pandemic" organized by Department of Physiology, Midnapore College (autonomous) in collaboration with Physiological
Society of India (PSI) .
- National webinar entitled "Quality Enhancement in Higher Education: How to make a successful Journey "
organized by the IQAC- Sarojini Naidu College for Women, 2020.
- YOGA FEST- 2017 organized by Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Belur Math, Howrah
and sponsored by Central Council of Research in Yoga and Naturopathy, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, 2017.
National webinar on "Importance of Wholesome Breakfast" & its key components "whole grains,
proteins, fruit & vegetable” " organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Quaker India. 2020.
- Participated in one day workshop on Food Science & Nutritional Biochemistry Practical in 2013 at
Department of Home Science, University of Calcutta.
- Participated in CII-SKA-Mission Health- CIIF Training of Facilitators on Food Safety for Railway, held at CII- Suresh Neotia Centre of Excellence,
Salt Lake, 2019, conducted by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- INTERNATIONAL BEST RESEARCHER AWARD for the Research & Excellence in the
"Department of Physiology" In the Royal Research Award Ceremony, "ISSN INTERNATIONAL
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AWARDS AND CONGRESS 2022 (IISTAC 22)" in association with World Research Council, on 3 November 2022.
- Appointed as question paper setter, head examiner,reviewer, scrutinizer and examiner for B. Sc.
Honours & General Examination, 2015-2019, and for CBCS B. Sc. Programme Semester Examination – 2020 & 2021 of West Bengal State University
for Food and Nutrition.