Dr. Debasmita Sinha Ghosh
State Aided College Teacher
Department of Food and Nutrition
Dr. Debasmita Sinha Ghosh is working at Sarojini Naidu College for Women, from July 2019. She has done B.Sc in Chemistry and M. Sc. in Biochemistry. She has done her full-time research in UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Kolkata Centre with CSIR Fellowship (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research), and was awarded her PhD degree. After PhD she continued her research work as Dr. D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellow at Jadavpur University from 2016 to 2019.
Research areas of Dr. Debasmita Sinha Ghosh are as follows:
- Synthesis of functionalized luminescent semiconductor nanoparticles and various applications of these nanoparticles (especially biological applications).
- Synthesis of Biocompatible Bimetallic Nanoparticles with Photothermal Properties for Sensing and Therapeutic Applications.
- Characterization of theses synthesized nanoparticles.
- Characterize the interaction of various newly synthesized biologically important molecules with biological, biomimicking and supramolecular assemblies to extract novel insights into the fundamental mechanism of interaction.
- Probe the spectroscopy, thermodynamics, rotational and solvent-relaxation dynamics for interaction of probe molecules with biological receptors and prospective drug delivery vehicles.
- Human Nutrition (FNTACOR01)
- Physiology in Nutrition (FNTACOR02)
- Food chemistry, Biophysics and Biochemical Principles (FNTACOR03)
- Human Physiology (FNTACOR04)
- Nutrients Metabolism (FNTACOR05)
- Epidemiology and Public Health (FNTACOR09)
- Food Microbiology and Immunology (FNTACOR12)
- Food Processing and Food Technology (FNTACOR13)
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics (FNTACOR14)
- Food Borne Diseases and Food Toxicology (FNTADSE03)
- Instrumentation (FNTSSEC01M)
- Food Chemistry (FNTGCOR01)
- Human body and Nutrition (FNTGCOR02)
- “Quantum dot based probing of mannitol: An implication in clinical diagnostics”, Debasmita Ghosh, Srabanti Ghosh and AbhijitSaha; Analytica Chimica Acta, 2010, 675, 165.
- “Protein conformation driven biomimetic synthesis of semiconductor nanoparticles”, Debasmita Ghosh, SomritaMondal, Srabanti Ghosh and AbhijitSaha; Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2012, 22, 699.
- “Evolution of biofunctional semiconductor nanocrystals: a calorimetric investigation”, Debasmita Ghosh, Somrita Mondal, Chandra Nath Roy and Abhijit Saha; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2013, 15, 20354.
- “Modulation of Catalytic Functionality of Alkaline Phosphatase Induced by Semiconductor Quantum Dots: Evidence of Substrate-Mediated Protection”, Debasmita Ghosh, Chandra Nath Roy, Somrita Mondal, Prasanta Kumar Bag and Abhijit Saha; RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 5024.
- “Aqueous synthesis of ZnTe/dendrimernanocomposites and their antimicrobial activity: implications in therapeutics”, S. Ghosh, D. Ghosh, P. K. Bag, S. C. Bhattacharyac and A. Saha; Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 1139.
- “Physico-Chemical Aspects of Quantum Dot–Vasodialator Interaction: Implications in Nanodiagnostics”, Somrita Mondal, Srabanti Ghosh, Debasmita Ghosh and Abhijit Saha; Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 9774.
- “Interaction of ZnS nanoparticles with flavins and glucose oxidase: A fluorimetric investigation”, Anindita Chatterjee, Amiya Priyam, Debasmita Ghosh, Somrita Mondal, Subhash C. Bhattacharya, Abhijit Saha; Journal of Luminescence, 2012, 132, 545.
- “Determination of energetics of formation of semiconductor/dendrimernanohybrid materials”, Somrita Mondal, Debasmita Ghosh, Chandra Nath Roy and Abhijit Saha; RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 13085.
- “Reductant control on particle size, size distribution and morphology in the process of SERS active silver colloid synthesis”, Chandra Nath Roy, Debasmita Ghosh, Somrita Mondal and Abhijit Saha; Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2015, 15, 1771.
- “Interactions of graphene oxide with luminescent biofunctionalized semiconductor nanoparticles: simultaneous monitoring in a protein–semiconductor coupled system”, Somashree Kundu, Susmita Maiti, Debasmita Ghosh, Somrita Mondal, Chandra N. Roya and Abhijit Saha; RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 89911.
- “Exploiting the biomimetic and luminescence properties of multivalent dendrimer semiconductor nanohybrid materials in the ultra-low level determination of folic acid”, Somashree Kundu, Susmita Maiti, Tushar Kanti Das, Debasmita Ghosh, Chandra Nath Roy and Abhijit Saha; Analyst, 2017, 142, 2491.
- “Aqueous synthesis of protein encapsulated ZnSe quantum dots and physical significance of semiconductor induced Cu(II) ion sensing”, Somashree Kundu, Susmita Maiti, Debasmita Ghosh, Chandra Nath Roy and Abhijit Saha; Chem Phys Chem, 2017, doi.org/10.1002/cphc.201700361
- “A comparative evaluation of the activity modulation of flavo and non-flavo enzymes induced by graphene oxide”, Susmita Maiti, Somashree Kundu, Chandra Nath Roy, Debasmita Ghosh, Tushar Kanti Das and Abhijit Saha; Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, 5, 2601.
- “Synthesis and spectral measurements of sulphonated graphene: some anomalous observations”, Susmita Maiti, Somashree Kundu, Debasmita Ghosh, Somrita Mondal, Chandra Nath Roy and Abhijit Saha; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2016, 18, 6701.
- “Moderation of cellular effects of group II-VI semiconductor nanoparticles by modulating the cationic-anionic part of the particles as well as the surface capping”, Debasmita Ghosh, Prasanta Kumar Bag and Abhijit Saha; Communicated.
- “Enthalpy driven synthesis of starch capped AgCu bimetallic nanoparticles with antibacterial and anti antibiofilm effect” Debasmita Ghosh, Abhijit Saha and Subhash Chandra Bhattacharya; Communicated.