Dr. Jharna Barman Nandi
Department of Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry, Uppsala University, Nov 2007
- Master of Science (M. Sc.) in Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2001
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc. Hons.) in Chemistry, Calcutta University, 1999
- June 2017 – Present: Assistant Professor, Sarojini Naidu College for Women, Kolkata
- February 2014– January 2015: Visiting scientist; Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- March 2008 – August 2010: Postdoctoral fellow; National Cancer Institute, USA
- Nandi, J. B. Emergence of Oligonucleotide Drugs. Indian Science Cruiser, 2020, 34, 31.
- Barman, J. Targeting Cancer Cells using Aptamers: Cell-SELEX Approach and Recent Advancements. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 11724 - 11732.
- Barman, J.; Gurav, D.; Oommen, O. P. and Varghese O. P. 2'-N-Guanidino,4'-C-Ethylene Bridged Thymidine (GENA-T) modified Oligonucleotide Exhibits Triplex Formation with Excellent Enzymatic Stability., RSC Adv., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/c4ra14721a.