Dr. Sudeshna Chatterjee
Department of Chemistry
Dr. Sudeshna Chatterjee has done Post Graduation in Chemistry from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and Post-M.Sc (Bio Sc) in Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, kolkata and continued her research work there. She was awarded Ph.D from J.U. She joined the Department of Chemistry, Sarojini Naidu College for Women in 1994 and is working till date.
Dr. Sudeshna Chatterjee was associated with research work in the field of Nano Science during 2004-07 and later, has undertaken two UGC Minor Research Projects titled i) “Studies on Physiological Effects of Environmental Pollutants on the Students of Sarojini Naidu College for Women” in 2010-12 and ii) Development of Polymer Based Thin Film Semiconductor Composite Matrices for Photoelectrochemical Solar Cell Application” in 2014-16.
Area of Research: Colloidal Ferric Oxide as Photo harvesting agent, CD’s, nano particles synthesis and uses.
- Multi-elemental chalcogenide n-BiCdSe films grown under controlled depth voltammetry: improved photo-electrochemical behaviour toward energy conversion, New J. Chem., 2018, 42, pp 9837-9846
- Gamma radiation induced differential growth of CdS Nanoparticles capped with aromatic and aliphatic thiols, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Volume 301, Issues 1–3, 5 July 2007, Pages 239-245 impact factor 1.601
- Identification of tyrosine in the presence of tryptophan using Cd2+-enriched colloidal CdS nanoparticles: A fluorescence spectroscopic study, Volume 121, Issue 2,December 2006, pp 553-560; impact factor 1.441
- Synthesis of CdS Nanoparticles in Colloidal State and its possible interaction with Tyrosine, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology; B: Biology, 78 (2005), 69-75, impact factor 1.597
- Semiconductor Photosensitized Grafting: Physicochemical Studies on Acrylamide grafted CA films, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 59 (13), pp 1973-1978, 1996.
- Photodegradation of Phenol by Visible Light in the presence of colloidal Fe2O3, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 81 (3), pp 199-203 impact factor 1.311
- Colloidal Ferric Oxide: A New Photosensitizer for grafting Acrylamide onto Cellulose Acetate films, Polymer 34 (9), pp 1979-1980, 1993; impact factor 1.318
- Size Effect in Photochemical Generation of Hydrogen from water by Colloidal Fe2O3 particles, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 72 (2), pp 183-187, 1993, impact factor 2.350