Dr. Chaitali Biswas
Department of Chemistry
Dr. Chaitali Biswas is joined Department of Chemistry, Sarojini Naidu College for Women, on 1st July 2008. She completed her M. Sc in Chemistry from University of Calcutta in 2005 and joined University of Calcutta in 2006 to carry out research work. She was awarded Ph. D in Chemistry from University of Calcutta in 2011. In 2015 she received a grant from UGC under Minor Research Project Scheme [PSW-180/14-15(ERO)] to carry out a research project on “Studies on Copper(II) complexes with tridentate Schiff base ligands”. She has 14 journal publications (Scopus listed) in peer-reviewd journals. Her h-index is 12 and has 680 Citations by 605 documents.
Research areas of Dr. Chaitali Biswas are as follows:
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Schiff bases
- Crystal Structure
- Magnetic Properties
- Various covalent interactions
- Hydrogen bonding
- CEMA (CORE T3)
- CEMA (CORE P3)
- CEMA (CORE T6)
- CEMA (CORE P6)
- CEMA (CORE T9)
- CEMA (CORE P9)
- CEMA (CORE T11)
- CEMA (CORE P11)
- CEMA (CORE T13)
- CEMA (CORE P13)
- CEMG (CORE T1)
- CEMG (CORE T2)
- ‘Synthesis, crystal structure and hydrolysis of a dinuclear copper(II) complex constructed by N2O donor Schiff base and 4,4′-bipyridine: Discrete supramolecular ensembles vs. Oligomers’
C. Biswas, S. Chattopadhyay, M. G. B. Drew, A. Ghosh, Polyhedron, 2007, 26, 4411.
- ‘Anion-directed synthesis of metal-organic frameworks based on 2-picolinate Cu(II) complexes: A ferromagnetic alternating chain and two unprecedented ferromagnetic fish backbone chains.’
C. Biswas, P. Mukherjee, M.G.B. Drew, C.J. Gómez-García, J.M. Clemente-Juan, A.
Ghosh. Inorg. Chem. 2007, 46, 10771.
- Tris(2,2’-bipyridine κ2 N,N’)copper(II) bis(tetrafluoridoborate)
A-C Chamayou, C. Biswas, C. Janiak, A. Ghosh. Acta Cryst. 2007, E63, m1936
- Structural variations in Ni(II) complexes of salen type di-Schiff base ligands
P. Mukherjee, C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, A. Ghosh. Polyhedron, 2007, 26, 3121.
- ‘Stabilization of a helical water chain in a metal-organic host of a trinuclear Schiff base complex’.
C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, and A. Ghosh, Inorg. Chem. 2008, 47, 4513.
- ‘Segregated self-assembly and pillaring action of aliphatic di-carboxylic acids in the super structure of Cu-picolinate complexes.’
C. Biswas, A. D. Jana, M. G. B. Drew, G. Mostafa, A. Ghosh. Polyhedron, 2009, 28,
- ‘Anion–π, Lone-Pair–π, π–π and Hydrogen-Bonding Interactions in a CuII Complex of 2-
Picolinate and Protonated 4,4′-Bipyridine: Crystal Structure and Theoretical Studies.’
C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, D. Escudero, A. Frontera, and A. Ghosh, Eur. J. Inorg.
Chem. 2009, 2238.
- ‘Copper(II) complexes of mono-anionic glutamate: anionic influence in the variations of
molecular and supramolecular structures.’ C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, M. Estrader and A. Ghosh, Dalton Trans., 2009, 5015.
- ‘Magnetic Coupling in Trinuclear, Partial Cubane CuII Complexes with a μ3-OH Core
and Peripheral Phenoxo Bridges from NNO Donor Schiff Base Ligands’
C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, A. Figuerola, S. Gómez-Coca, E. Ruiz, V. Tangoulis, and A.
Ghosh, Inorg. Chim. Acta. 2010, 363, 846.
- ‘Mono-aqua-bridged dimeric complexes of Cu(II) containing NNO donor Schiff base
ligand: Hydrogen-bond-mediated exchange coupling.’
C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, S. Asthana, C. Desplanches and A. Ghosh. J. Mol. Struct.
2010, 965, 39.
- ‘Synthesis, crystal structure and magnetic properties of three unprecedented tri-nuclear and one very rare tetra-nuclear copper(II) Schiff-base complexes supported by mixed azido/phenoxo/nitrato or acetato bridges.’
C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, C. Diaz and A. Ghosh. Dalton Trans. 2010, 39, 7474.
- (Acetato-κO)aqua(1H-imidazole-κN3)(picolinato-κ2N,O)copper(II) 0.87-hydrate: a Z’ >
A.-C. Chamayou, C. Biswas, A. Ghosh and C. Janiak. Acta Cryst. 2009, C65, m311.
- ‘A unique example of structural and magnetic diversity in four inter-convertible
Cu(II) azide complexes with the same Schiff base ligand: a monomer, a dimer, a chain
and a layer.’
S. Naiya, C. Biswas, M. G. B. Drew, C. J. Gómez-García, J. M. Clemente-Juan and
A. Ghosh, Inorg. Chem. 2010, 49, 6616.
- ‘Stabilization of a Hydrogen Bonded Left-handed Helical Chain in a Co(III) NNN Donor Schiff Base Complex.’
C. Biswas, The Beats of Natural Sciences, Vol. 2 (2015), Issue 3 (ISSN 2348 – 7615)
- ‘Polynuclear Heterometallic Complexes Derived “Salen” Type N2O4 Donor Di-Schiff Base Ligands’
P. Bhowmik, C. Biswas, Review of Research, Volume 8, Issue 3, December 2018, (ISSN 2249 – 894X), UGC Approved Journal Number: 48514.
- ‘Structural Diversity of Copper(II) Complexes with Different Carboxylate Ligands’
C. Biswas, Review of Research, Volume 8, Issue 6, March 2019, (ISSN 2249 – 894X), UGC Approved Journal Number: 48514.
- ‘Copper(II) Complexes With Aspartic Acid And Glutamic Acid.’
C. Biswas, Review of Research, Volume 8, Issue 9, June 2019, (ISSN 2249 – 894X), UGC Approved Journal Number: 48514.
- ‘Cu(II) Complexes with N2O donor Schiff Bases Ligand Derived From Acetylacetine/Salicyldehyde and Different Kind of Diamines: A Broad Review.’
P. Bhowmik, C. Biswas, Journal of Interdisciplinary Cycle Research, Volume XII, Issue III, March 2020, Pages 1055-1073, (ISSN 0022 – 1945), (UGC-CARE Group ‘II’ Journals list -Serial No. 21259).