Dr. Namrata Shanu Gupta
Department of Botany
Dr. Namrata Shanu Gupta is appointed as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Botany, Sarojini Naidu College for Women since September 2019, (ranked fifth in position, West Bengal College Service Commission, 2019). Previously, she served as a guest lecturer in the Department of Botany, Ramsaday College, Amta, Howrah for four years (2015-2019). Dr. Gupta was awarded with Ph.D degree from University of Calcutta in 2017. She had qualified National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Lecturership (UGC, NET-JRF+LS) in 2008. Dr. Gupta had post graduated in Botany from Bethune College, University of Calcutta in 2007, with specialisation in Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics and Plant Biotechnlogy. She had always been actively involved in research work mainly in the field of plant pathology and plant tissue culture.
Dr. Namrata Shanu Gupta is mainly interested in the following areas of research.
- Host plant- pathogen interaction
- Innate immunity in plants and signalling processes
- Plant tissue culture
- Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Reproductive Biology of Angiosperms
- Namrata Shanu Gupta, Maitreyi Banerjee, Saikat Kumar Basu, Krishnendu Acharya. 2013. Involvement of nitric oxide signal in Alternaria alternata toxin induced defense response in Rauvolfia serpentine Benth.ex Kurz calli. Plant Omics Journal; 6(3):157-164. ISSN:1836-3644.
- Nilanjan Chakraborty, Debrupa Banerjee, Prakash Pradhan, Namrata Shanu Gupta, Krishnendu Acharya, Maitreyi Banerjee. 2013. Influence of plant growth regulators on callus mediated regeneration and secondary metabolites synthesis in Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants.117- 125. ISSN: 0971-5894.
- Namrata Shanu Gupta and Krishnendu Acharya. 2018. Diluted fungal phytotoxin: An immerging tool for boosting innate immunity in plants. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 11(10): 4711-4718. ISSN:0974-3618.
- Namrata Shanu Gupta and Krishnendu Acharya. 2018. Fungal toxin as potential tool for invitro selection and regeneration of resistant plants. Asian Journal of Plant Pathology. 12:38-45. ISSN: 1819-1541.
- Namrata Shanu Gupta,Maitreyi Banerjee, Krishnendu Acharya.2014. Influence of hormones and explants towards in vitro callusing and shoot organogenesis in a commercially important medicinal plant. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 29(2):132-137. ISSN: 0976-044X.
- Namrata Shanu Gupta and Krishnendu Acharya.2015.A fungal toxin elicit nitric oxide signal mediated innate immune response in Rauvolfia. Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology. 16(3-4). ISSN:0972-2025.
- Namrata Shanu Gupta, Krishnendu Acharya. 2016. Alternaria alternata toxin mediated elicitation of secondary metabolite pathway in Rauvolfia serpentine along with disease protection. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 8(6): 146-153. ISSN:0975-5071.
- Rupa Acharya, P. Patra, Nilanjan Chakraborty, Namrata Shanu Gupta, Krishnendu Acharya. 2013. Footprints of Nitric oxide in induced systemic resistance. NBU Journal of Plant Sciences. 7(1) pp 55-61. ISSN:09746927.
- Nilanjan Chakraborty, Namrata Shanu Gupta, Saikat Kumar Basu, Krishnendu Acharya. 2014. Post harvest damages of mandarin (Citrus reticulata Blanco) and its management. In: Sharma. N (ed) Biological controls for preventing food deterioration: Strategies for pre-and postharvest management. Wiley and Sons Ltd. Edition I, Chapter 2, pp-27- 40. ISBN: 978-1-118-53306-2.
- Nirmalaya Chakraborty and Namrata Shanu Gupta. 2020. Microbial Bio-Pesticides: The major component for sustainable agriculture. In: Chourasia HK, Acharya K, Singh VK (ed) Precision agriculture sustainable crop production. Today and Tomorrow’s Printers and Publishers, Chapter 28, pp-483-507, ISBN: 9788170196679.
- Serving as an invigilator and examinar in WBSU examination