Sudipta Bag is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of English at Sarojini Naidu College, Kolkata. She worked as a Junior Research Fellow at the University of Calcutta where she completed her MPhil on Harold Pinter. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. on Posthumanism from Presidency University, Kolkata, where she has worked as a Senior Research Fellow before joining this department.
Her research interests include:
- Harold Pinter
- Gender and Literature
Currently, she is teaching the following courses:
- UG Level
- Indian Poetry in English
- Popular Literature/li>
- British Romantic Literature
- Women’s Writing
- Early 20th Century British Literature : Fiction
- Literay Terms
- PG Level
- English Language Studies : Morphology, Syntax and Sociolinguistics
- Colonial and Post Colonial Indian Writing :Poetry/li>
- Literature on the Long 18th Century: Fiction
- Nineteenth Century Fiction
- Victorian Non- Fictional Prose
- ‘Subjugated Womanhood: Contextualizing Deepa Mehta’s Water as a A Feminist Critique of Indian Nationalist Movement’, ‘The Empire and After: Trends, Issues and Perspectives’, ISBN No. 978-93-90588-07-7,2021.
- ‘Fashioning Femininity: The Discourse of Clothes to Construct a Feminine Identity in Victorian England’,International Webinar on ‘English Literature from the Margins of Class, Caste, Race and Gender’, Hosted Jointly by Rishi Bankim Chandra Evening College & Rishi Bankim Chandra College, August2020.
- ‘Subjugated Womanhood: Contextualizing Deepa Mehta’s Water as a Feminist Critique of Indian Nationalist Movement’, International Webinar on “The Empire and After: Trends, issues and perspectives”,Organized by S R Fatepuria College, August 2020.
- Member of Routine Committee