Qualification: M.A., Ph.D., Diploma in Photography
- University Gold Medal (BU)
- Sadananda Chakraborty Gold Medal
- First position in Diploma in Photography (PAD)
Teaching Experience: 15 years
- Indian English Literature
- Approaches to Ecocriticism
- Developing Writing Skills Module 1
- Developing Writing Skills Module 2
- Developing Writing Skills Module 3
- Every Man In His Humour
- William Blake: Word to Image
- Group Discussion
- Modern Literary Criticism: Important Terminologies
- How to Teach Poetry?
Teaching Modules/Topics in 2015-16:
|Course||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Communicative English Major||–||–||
|1st Semester||Fiction (Novel)
|2nd Semester||South Asian Literature
Prose (Short Fiction):
Workshop on Play
Term End Essay
|3rd Semester||Ecology and Literature
Modern and Postmodern Critical Theory:
Theories of Gender:
- “Mother Daughter Relationship in Difficult Daughters”. Indian Women Writers in the Nineties. Ed. Sheobhusan Shukla and Anu Shukla. New Delhi: Swarup and Sons, 2001. 90 – 95.
- “Where Mothers Travel: Quest for the Mother in When Dreams Travel”. Studies in Women Writers in English Vol. – III. Ed. Mohit K. Roy and Rama Kundu. New Delhi: Atlantic Publishers, 2005. 185 – 207.
- “Employment and Income Behaviour in a Village Economy: A Case Study of Village Purnaganj”. Coauthored by Amal Kanta Das. Globalisation and Problem of Unemployment in India. Ed. A. Chattopadhyay. Kolkata: Sarat Book Distributors, 2005. 244 – 251.
- “Resurrecting the Literary Foremother: A Study of Shashi Deshpande’s The Binding Vine”. The Atlantic Critical Review 5.4 (Oct – Dec 2006): 63 – 73.
- “A Body of One’s Own: A Study of Violation of Women’s Body in Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things”. Studies in Women Writers in English Vol. – VI. Ed. Mohit K. Roy and Rama Kundu. New Delhi: Atlantic Publishers, 2007. 81 – 93.
- “Ecofeminist Discourse in Pundalik Naik’s Achhev”. The Atlantic Literary Review 9.1 (Jan – Mar 2008): 125 – 131.
- “Book Review of Same Sex Love in India: A Literary History. Ed Ruth Vanita and Saleem Kidwai.” Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities 1.2 (Autumn 2009): 201 – 204.
- “Catching-up Uncle Sam! Poverty, Environment and Sustainable Development”. Sustainable Development and Role of Government. Ed. K. Pal. Kolkata: Nath Publishing, 2010. 47 – 61.
- “Achilliser Hriday: Homerer Iliade Achilliser Charitrayan”. Uddalak 11.1 (Jan – June 2011): 174 – 181.
- “Imaging India: A Study of Photographs during Colonial Era”. Conference volume. 10th International Photographic Conference organized by Photographic Association of Dum Dum in collaboration with Birla Institute of Technological Museum (National Council of Science Museums) (23-27 Jan 2014): 82 – 90.
- “Civilization, Progress and Indigenous People: A Study of Two Novels – Paraja and Acchev”. Crisis of Civilisation. Ed. D. Bhattacharyya and J. Rishi. Kolkata: Sarojini Naidu College for Women, 2014. 95-106.
- “A Body of One’s Own: Women and Religious Fundamentalism”. Quest Multidisciplinary Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 1.2 (2014): Article No. 3.
- “Motherhood as Enigma and Guilt”. Quest Multidisciplinary Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 2.2 (2015): Article No. 5.
- “Looking at the Billboards: Gender Construction in Hindi Movies”.Quest Multidisciplinary Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 3.1 (2017): Article No. 5.
- “Mother – Daughter Relationship in Difficult Daughters” in VIIth Annual Conference of Indian Association for Studies in Contemporary Literature in 2001.
- “Women’s Empowerment, Education & Market: A Paradox” in XXVIth Indian Social Science Congress in 2003.
- “Sexual Politics and Religious Fundamentalism” in XXVIth Indian Social Science Congress in 2003.
- “Ecofeminist Discourse in Pundalik Naik’s Acchev” in IIIrd World Conference and XI All India English Teachers’ Annual Conference on “Contemporary Literatures in English: Theory and Practice with focus on Environment and Literary Studies” in 2004.
- “A Body of one’s own: A Study of Violation of Women’s Body in The God of Small Things” in XXIX Indian Social Science Congress in 2005.
- “Catching-up Uncle Sam! Poverty, Environment & Sustainable Development” in UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Sustainable Development and Role of Government” in 2006.
- “Global Warming: Politics and Science” in Xth Annual Conference of North East Economic Association in 2008.
- “Analyzing Capitalism: Women as Colonies – Colonies as Women” in U.G.C. Sponsored State Level Seminar on “Development, Civil Society & Human Rights” in 2009.
- “Relooking at Ben Jonson’s ‘Prologue’ to Every Man in his Humour”, Invited lecture in West Bengal State University organized Workshop on the Restructured Undergraduate English Honours Syllabus in 2009.
- “Development and Rural Employment” in UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Right to Employment in Rural Perspective” in 2011.
- “Aadhaar: Privacy Politicized” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Human Rights & the Indian State” in 2011.
- “Digitized Identity: Democratized Growth” in UGC Sponsored Sponsored State Level Seminar on “Inclusive Growth and the Role of the Trio: The State, Market & Civil Society” in 2011.
- “Civilization, Progress and Indigenous People: A Study of Gopinath Mohanty’s Paraja and Pundalik Naik’s Acchev” in UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar on “Crisis of Civilization” in 2013.
- “India through the Colonial Lens” in UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on “Questioning Identity” in 2013.
- “Imaging India: A Study of Photographs during Colonial Era” in Xth International Photographic Conference in 2014.
- “Women and the Colonial Gaze: Photographs from Algeria and Japan”, Invited lecture in State Level Seminar on “Images of Women in Literature and Culture: Feminist Perspectives” in 2015
- “Crossing the (B)orders: Globalization and the Ibis Trilogy”, in UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on “Border, Globalization and Identity” in 2015.
- Member, Editorial Board: Quest: Multidisciplinary Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Joint Editor, Crisis of Civilisation. Kolkata: Sarojini Naidu College for Women, 2014.
- Completed UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on Crossing the Frontiers: A Study of the Treatment of Space, Time and Culture in the Novels of Amitav Ghosh as Principal Investigator.
- Chaired a session in UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on “Border, Globalization and Identity” in 2015.
- Resource person at orientation course for teachers at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ordnance Factory.
- Served as Paper Setter/ Moderator for different Universities at both UG & PG level examinations.