I am highly committed and Professional Teacher who enjoys working with College Students and guiding them into proper education. At present, I am working as an Associate Professor in Department of Geography at Sarojini Naidu College for Women since 1st April, 2015. Previously, I served Katwa College, Katwa as an Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Katwa College under University of Burdwan in Purbo Burdwan District from 11th April,2005 to 31th March, 2015. I have awarded doctoral research from University of Calcutta under the supervision of Dr. Pannalal Das. Personally I have built an extensive Reading Book Library Known as
Concept and I have collected more than 400 specimens of Rocks and Minerals from different places in India and Abroad. I have always passionate in administrative works in all levels. I have served various administrative work in my career.
My research activities are in the area of Urban Geography, Regional Planning, , Agriculture and Urban Geomorphology. More details of my research interest are
- Urban Landscape
- Agro-based Landscape Development
- Rural Landscape Planning
- Urban Green Space: Necessity and Challenges
- Urban Green Space Mapping
- Urban Green Infrastructure Planning
- Agricultural Dynamism
- Human Geography
- Philosophy of Geography
- Geographical Research
- . “Nadi bhumirupabidyai Silakhaṇḍa uttolaner paddhati Bisleṣaṇ“ (Bengali Version), Bhugilika, June – 2022, Issue-1, ISSN-2319-6122, pp.39-48 [1st Author]
- “Zealandia: Earth’s Eight Largest Hidden and Submerged Continent“ (Bengali Version), Bhugilika, December – 2022, Issue-2, ISSN-2319-6122, pp.24-32 [2nd Author]
- “Threshold: The Boundary of change“ (Bengali Version), Bhugilika, December – 2022, ISSN-2319-6122, pp.55-60 [1st Author]
- “Conditional Approach to Development in an Unique Geo-Environmental Platform- A Case Study on Dehradun City”: ILEE, Vol. 33, December 2010 No.2, P-383-400, ISSN-0971-4170. [Single Author]
- “Environmental Impact on Human Habitat – A case study on Lataguri village, Block-Mal, Dist- Jalpaiguri”: ILEE, Vol. 34, December 2011 No.2, P-365-378, ISSN-0971-4170. [Single Author]
- “Problem of Housing Congestion- A case Study on Rajarhat-Gopalpur Municipality: Progressive Publisher, Kolkata, June 2013, ISBN-978-81-89846. [Single Author]
- “Constraints of Growth and Development of Katwa Town in Burdwan District of West Bengal”: Geographical Review of India, Kolkata, Vol-74, March 2012, p-56-70, ISSN –0375-6386. [1st Author]
- “A Spatio-Temporal Variation of Agricultural Productivity In Jalpaiguri District, West Benga”: Geographical Review of India, Kolkata, Vol-75(4), p-389-396, December 2013, ISSN- 0375-6386. [2nd Author]
- “Identification of River Migration Using Geospatial Data: A Case Study of The Lower Part of River Ajay Near Katwa Town”: International Journal of Computational Engineering Research (IJCER), 09, 5 ,May– 2019, ISSN (e): 2250 – 3005. [1st Author]
- “A Micro Level Study of Implication of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Into Rural Education in Arshullah Village of Baduria block, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal”: International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, Volume 8, Issue 5, 2019, ISSN – 2279-543X. [2nd Author]
- “The Impact of Land Use Land Cover on the Flood Plain of Bhagirathi River, Purba Bardhaman District, West Bengal, India”: Journal of Geography, Environment and Earth Science International, 19(2): 1-10, 2019; Article no.JGEESI.47406, ISSN- 2454-7352. [2nd Author]
- The Problems of Coastal Tourism in Bakkhali and Sustainable Strategy of Development”: International Journal of Research in Engineering, IT and Social Sciences, Vol. 09, 5, May 2019, P 41-47, ISSN -2250-0588. [2nd Author]
- “Different aspects of Land Transformation – A special study on North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India”: International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, Vol.8, 3, March – 2019, ISSN-2279-543X [1st Author]
- “Manobio Bhugol Oneesan (A Exploration to Human Geography)“: Kalyani Publishers, Kolkata, Revised Edition, November, 2020, ISBN-978-93-89987-96-6. [1st Author]
- “Natural Resources, Environment and Conflict: An Outline of Resource Geography (Bengali Version)“, Kalyani Publishers, Kolkata, 17th March, 2023, ISBN-978-93-5540-434-3. [2nd Author]
- Bhugol Sabda Cosh (Dictionary of Geography): Progressive Publisher, College Street, 2013ISBN -. 81-8064-244-5 [1st Author]
- Uchha-madhyamik Bhugol(Higher Secondary Geography): West Bengal State Book Board, Kolkata, July 2013, ISBN – 978-81-247-0727-2 [4th Author]
- “Bhugol o Poribesh (Geography and Environment)”: Ideal Publishers, Kolkata, December 2014 [1st Author]
- “Bhugathonick Pakkria O Bhumirupvidya (Geotectonics and Geomorphology)”: Kalyani Publishers, Kolkata, March 2018, ISBN-978-93-5359-545-6. [2nd Author]
- “Manobio Bhugol Oneesan (A Exploration to Human Geography)”: Kalyani Publishers, Kolkata, January 2019, ISBN-978-93-5359-156-4. [1st Author]
- “Bhugol Semester Note-General Course”: Chhaya Prakashani Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata [Single Author]
- “Bhaugolik Gabesana Paddhati O Ksetrera Samiksa (A Geographical Research Methods and Field Work)”: Kalyani Publishers, Kolkata, November, 2020, ISBN-978-93-90522-21-7. [1st Author]
- “Adhunik Arthanaitik Bhugol (Modern Economic Geography) ”:Kalyani Publishers, Kolkata, October,2020, ISBN-978-93-90522-17-0. [2nd Author]
- “Problem of Housing Congestion: A Case Study on Rajarhat- Gopalpur Municipality” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Globalization Urban Governance and Sustainable Development organized by Dept. of Geography, Dr. Gour Mohan Roy College, Monteswar, Burdwan held on 8th and 9th, October 2010.
- “Locational Influence on Rural Landuse Dynamism: A comparative study of Selected Villages of North 24 Parganas, West Bengal” in International Seminar on Environmental Perspective and Resource Management organized by Institute of Landscape, Ecology, and Ekistics (ILEE), Kolkata held on 19th and 20th, December 2014.
- “Facing the Fact of Urban influence of Barasat Town in different Municipalities of Eastern Part of North 24 Parganas, West Bengal” in International Conference on Urbanization and Regional Sustainability (47th Annual Seminar of Regional Science Association, India) organized by Dept. of Geography, University of Calcutta held on 28th -30th, January 2016
- “Environmental Conflict with Human Habitat: Issues and Challenges-An Experience of Lataguri Village, Block: Mal, District: Jalpaiguri, West Bengal” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Environment and Sustainability-A Geographical Perspective organized by Dept. of Geography, Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis Mahavidyalaya, Kolkata held on 18th and 19th, November 2016.
- “Facts and Figures of Dry land in West Bengal-Problem and its Management” in UGC Sponsored Two Day National Seminar on Development induced changes, Environmental concern and Sustainable Management organized by Dept. of Geography, Rabindra Bharati University in collaboration with ILEE, NATMO, Geographical Society of India and WBPCB held on 10th and 11th, March 2017.
- “Problems of Rural Road system and its impact on Farmers: A case study on some sample villages of Katwa Subdivision, District: Burdwan, West Bengal” in International Seminar on Rural Development in India: Contemporary Reflection organized by Centre for Studies in Decentralisation and Rural Reconstruction, Rabindra Bharati University jointly with Byanjanbarna Foundation, Kolkata held on 26th and 27th, April 2018.
- Former Head, Departmental of Geography
- Coordinator of Parent Teacher Association
- Member of Academic Sub-Committee
- Member of Admission Committee
- Member of Website Committee